I got a little crazy and decided to take the boys on the road. I packed an ice chest fully of yummy things to eat and I don't think I can go on another road trip w/out doing that. We all were happy and didn't have to eat gross fast food (or I should say food that makes me feel gross).
We left Friday afternoon and made it to my sister Shelly's house in Hurricane, Ut. right around dark. NOT BAD.
Saturday morning we went to the Peach Days Parade. They don't mess around there. It was big.
kiddo cousins waiting for the parade to start
Elise, Brock, Wyatt, Corban, Kristi, Cameron, Bodie
Getting the loot! Oh man, one kid totally PLOWED Brock. Poor kid. I was kinda mad.
Cari and Trevon in the marching band!
After the parade we packed up and caravaned w/ Shelly's family to my Dad's in Ely, NV. (aka middle of NOWHERE.)
We brought the boys' bikes and they had fun riding around Grandpa's yard.
Trevon, Brock, Bodie
They also liked riding around the trailer and going up and down it. :) Bodie didn't quite make it and biffed on one of his times up... but he laughed it off. It was one of those slow motion sort of things.
Brockster
My Dad has a rhino that we enjoyed rompin around on...
giving Shelly the run down
Me and Bodie.
There are trails EVERYWHERE right from my Dad's house. It was so stinkin' fun I could hardly stand it. I'd take the boys out and we would sing at the top of our lungs, with the wind blowing all around us. We were laughing so hard. I'm a pretty darn good driver. ;)
It took me back to my childhood days riding the 4-wheeler with my cousin. We would go out and let the wind blow through our hair and sing, sing, SING. Such good memories. It was fun to have a repeat with my boys.
(this is the view of the Metropolis, Ely) :) Still trying to figure out how my Dad found this place.
Me taking Brock and Corban.
Kristi and Shelly!
My brother Aaron and his oldest Ben were there from Brigham City. It was a good little reunion.
Aaron, Shelly, Me, Dad
Boys messing around -Looks like Trevon didn't fare too well...
Bodie, Ben, Cameron, Trevon, Brock
Siblings
I got on the road around 9-ish Monday morning and made it home to the hubbers around 6. It was a LOOOOOOOOOONG drive, and I got a stinkin' speeding ticket (which I wasn't going to tell ANYONE -but my boys kept telling EVERYONE), and later got stuck at the Dam. grrr. But it was a fun weekend and worth it!!



2 comments:
Whenever we go to Utah we get speeding tickets. I sort of include it in the St. George marathon budget. This year I'm so worried about it that maybe we will be extra careful and not get one!
i love the eggs..that it soooo cute! & i love how creative your boys are...sorry u got a speeding ticket..no fun..but it looks like you guys had a fun time with your dad
Post a Comment