Monday, July 2


This is the salsa I always make if I am ever hosting a party, or need to bring a side dish, or just want salsa! We also like to hand this out as a Christmas goodie instead of the traditional plate of cookies/baked good. It is YUMMY by the spoonfuls, next to scrambled eggs, and of course on your favorite brand of chips. If you want a guaranteed crowd pleaser, or just some tasty summer treat, TRY THIS!

Yummy Salsa:

In a blender:

1- 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes w/ garlic (or your favorite base - home grown tomatoes would be delish!)
3 - cloves of garlic, minced
1 - bunch of clilantro leaves, chopped (I really really like cilantro)
1 - jalapeno pepper. -this is to taste as every pepper is different - don't just add the whole thing, you might be sorry! I usually always take a small bite of the pepper to see what I'm dealing with.

BLEND WELL, and sample.

Add:

1- bunch of green onions, chopped
1- can of sweet corn, drained
1- can of black beans, rinsed
2- avacodos, cut in cubes
1-2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 lime, sqeezed (mmm, I really like the smell/taste of limes too!)
1- can of pinapple chunks, drained (DO IT, even if you're not sure!)
1/2 mango, chopped (optional/when in season)

This is the perfect mixture, w/ hot and sweet.
MMM. Enjoy. This lasts about 2 days in our house! :)

5 comments:

The Dean Family said...

YUMMY! I'll have to try that one! I love it that you get side-tracked (sp?) too..i'm the same way..i think kids do that to ya!

Ella A. said...

Hi Sara! I definitely remember you from cross country! So good to hear from you! It looks like you are doing great, keeping busy. Your boys are adorable, very cute family. It is good to know that I'm not the only one who gets side-tracked. :)

Abby Runyan said...

Yum that sounds so good I will have to try! I'll let you know how it goes. Todd and I are coming up to Flagstaff sometime this summer to check out the PT school. I'll let you know when we are coming so we can do to dinner or something with you guys!

Jen said...

Hey Sara!!
This is the best salsa ever, I don't make any other kind now. It is gone within hours at our house as well. How are you??? We need to get together SOON!!!

KatieJ said...

That sounds really yummy, it would probably only last a day at my house! I can't wait to try it!