
In my previous post, I mentioned how long it takes me to clean, because I get sidetracked SO easily. It is almost comical, but not really. Here are just a few examples of how a cleaning episode would go on any given day. I will be folding laudry in the laundry room, then one of the boys will call me for something. As I am helping them, I remember that I need to make a phone call - which I make. As I am in the kitchen, I realize that I was unloading the dishwasher (and obviously must have gotten interrupted, because the door was still down. So I finish unloading the dishwasher and load any dirty dishes. Then I see my guitar sitting out and decide to play a song, or two, or three. I see an article of boys clothing (you pick), and go to put it in the dirty clothes and see the laundry that I was folding. Oh yeah, I was folding laundry...so I get the laundry folded. By this time Wyatt has to be fed, so I sit to feed him. (No, the laundry is not put away yet) Get the picture?? :) Jess is a powerhouse cleaner. He can get the job done and he is FAST! Whenever we are cleaning together he has to tell me to focus (an example that comes to mind...we'll be going through a desk drawer, or something with papers - and I'll come across something and stop to read whatever it is, and get lost in a nolstalgic trance - seriously. It is bad.) Sometimes I'll even come into a room and have forgotten why I went there in the first place and have to re-trace my steps to remember. -Scary? YES!! I need to start doing more sudoku puzzles or something. :)



3 comments:
Um....let me be the first......that is basically the story of my life as well, but add three floors to it. I will go from my room on the third floor to the basement to get something, and then forget what it was, and start putting laundry in, in the basement, and then think are there still clothes in the hamper up on the third floor? so I go back up to the third floor, nope no clothes, so i go back down to the basement, and then realize I needed to go to the bathroom which is on the third floor! welcome to motherhood !
YES! I'm not the only one! I don't have a dishwasher, so I'll fill up the sink at 9am, get the silverware cleaned and in the drainer. Oh! I need to vaccuum. 11am...back to the dishes to do the bowls. Oops...baby needs me. Come back to cold dishwater..refill it to do plates, but have to go to the store. Come back..cold water. Refill. Oh well, I'll just finish the dishes tomorrow.
Ugh! So true for me too.
Post a Comment