Tuesday, July 3

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!



Some of my FAVORITE 4th of July's were spent in Gregory, South Dakota. South Dakota? you may be thinking. Yes! I have family back there. My Uncle Bill is a real life farmer and some of my favorite childhood memories are playing night games with my brothers and sisters and cousins on the farm! Gregory hosts the best small-town 4th of July celebrations around. Sand volleyball tournaments, demolition derby's, baseball games, bingo, dances, a Fun Run, an air-band show, the parade, the carnival, and of course, fireworks! 3 days full of FUN. They know how to do it up right.

A few years ago we had a family reunion in Gregory over the 4th of July. Here is a picture of one of the Parade entries. Isn't this a classic 'small town' picture? I love it.

Bodie was just a little tyke back then! Here is a view of the carnival. It takes up all of Main Street.

Wherever you may be, I hope you have a wonderful 4th!!

2 comments:

The Dean Family said...

i love this blog! brings back childhood memories..we are heading out to montana and south dakota on tuesday...we're excited to go see family and the farm country!

Becky said...

I love small town 4th of July. Nothing beats it. :)