I'm changing this post - again. I'm not posting the song, but I'm sharing the process. Before starting the Artist's Way, I felt like I was creatively stuck, blocked. Ideas and phrases to songs would pop into my head ALL THE TIME, but I would either ignore them or write down the phrase and that's about it. Since doing the Artist's Way (I'm still doing it), things have been different. I was frustrated about not spending quality time with Jess over the past few days and when I sat down to write my morning pages - it came out in the form of a song, and a melody easily developed. It was a liberating experience - feeling the words and music come so freely! Ahh. However, it's a little mellow dramatic - hence my apprehension in sharing the lyrics maybe? Plus, I think the tune is catchy and would want it presented hand in hand. Plus, it's a vulnerable feeling putting your thoughts out there for everyone to see/read!
Sunday, March 25
I'm changing this post - again. I'm not posting the song, but I'm sharing the process. Before starting the Artist's Way, I felt like I was creatively stuck, blocked. Ideas and phrases to songs would pop into my head ALL THE TIME, but I would either ignore them or write down the phrase and that's about it. Since doing the Artist's Way (I'm still doing it), things have been different. I was frustrated about not spending quality time with Jess over the past few days and when I sat down to write my morning pages - it came out in the form of a song, and a melody easily developed. It was a liberating experience - feeling the words and music come so freely! Ahh. However, it's a little mellow dramatic - hence my apprehension in sharing the lyrics maybe? Plus, I think the tune is catchy and would want it presented hand in hand. Plus, it's a vulnerable feeling putting your thoughts out there for everyone to see/read!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Your funny! i would have loved to see or read your song! POST IT! :)
You coming down tomorrow? for lunch? You have to come by my house...i live around the corner from Sheri. Call me!
Do you play an instrument with your songs? Or sing? Or??? I'm w/Becky - post it!
waiting....
I would love to read your lyrics! I, myself, often have ideas coursing through my head and I fail to record them or follow through. It's always a good idea to keep a tiny notebook with you throughout the day...even if it's just to write down a simple phrase or word that calls to you. Maybe I'll take my own advice.
okay - I'll put it back on... shauna, I play guitar with it. I'll post the chords too - but I don't know how to write the beat or synchapation...ohwell. :)
Jenny - I've been doing a lot better about writing my thoughts down with the artist's way - how is your experience going???
Post a Comment