I had asked Wyatt to take a nap (or told him he needed to) and he cried because he didn't want to. Brock was there and he said, "Hey, do you want me to read to you?" And this is what happened next.
It was one of those wonderful moments as a parent that makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.
I have been tickled with Brock lately. He has started riding Bodie's old bike. He can really get going now, with the bigger tires. I watch him ride, this little guy on this seemingly BIG bike and I just grin. He is growing up so fast. The same day he offered to read to Wyatt (and lay down with him) Brock asked me to come outside and watch him ride b/c he was going to try Bodie's big jump. I followed him outside and suggested he try the smaller one first, to get 'warmed up'. I could NOT believe he was trying this. So he comes around the corner, goes up the ramp, bike in the air, he has lost contact with the peddles, comes down and totally eats it. He is pissed. (I don't know how to better describe it) He was a yelling and a hollering. First thing I told him was, "Way to bail kiddo!" and I grabbed him and told him to calm down and lets talk about what happened. He sat in my lap and we looked at the ramp. I told him to look at his bike and how far he had jumped. (which got him pretty excited) "You just lost contact with your peddles, and that's why you fell off when you landed. -You've got it! Go try it again!" So there he was going for it again.
He's got it. :) The other day I saw him go off the bigger jump. Woah. He needs more speed, but he landed it! :)



3 comments:
Those are sweet pictures. Those are the best moments, when they show love for one another in simple ways.
Brock is cool:)
Greaat moments... thanks for sharing. I've missed your postings. lv you
Your boys are so cute. Love the posts and way to handle the crash landing. Great mom:)
Post a Comment