Friday, December 19

The sun came out today!
And Brock had his little Christmas 'program' at preschool.

(for you, Nana)


I was messing w/ this camera to get it to video and I think I messed up the settings, cuz all the pictures came out pretty grainy...

Brock, doing his 'thang'.
Photobucket

Photobucket
He got so grumpy after this, and took it upon himself to lay down and take a nap once we got home. What a kid.
Photobucket
A little shot looking through my windshield on the drive home. (I was stopped, waiting for traffic) Very pretty. Snowbowl is on the back side of that snowy peak...It's now open for bidness.
Photobucket

So, as I was watching Brock's program I was having an inner struggle because Jess and I have talked about taking him out (since he will have TWO more years of preschool anyway) to save money. Jess has basically left it up to me to decide (we talked about taking Bodie out too) HELP! Part of me is just letting it be, figuring it will work itself out, but the other part knows I need to make a decision. I know I could do things here for Bodie (and Brock) but I think they'd miss out on FUN stuff w/ their class(es)...I mean that's really what preschool is - fun, exploration, and interaction, right? So I'm just weighing if it is financially worth the 'fun' for them. Paying for 2 preschools is just hard!

6 comments:

Tia said...

Yeah Tim's not into the whole two kid preschool thing it is really expensive. But it would be hard in your situation cause your second is the one that needs to be there Eiley could hang out with me forever!

Jana said...

Doesn't Bodie qualify for early learners/pre-k being a December baby? (which is FREE!) Maybe you don't have it up there? Brock is adorable but I do think 2 years of preeschool is plenty & Bodie will be in Kindergarten by then... Tricky... Tricky... Tyson LOVES preschool. It's so good for them!
You're such a good mommy & all will work out for the best!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

I hate to say it, but pull them out is my advice. It goes by so fast....and then you are all alone and they are in school eight hours a day! :( Take advantage of the time you have with them now. I know some days are hard, and it is easier to send them off to preschool, but you will severely miss it :)

Kristi said...

We can't afford preschool so we did joy school last year for Emma. It was good for the social interaction and she has done great in Kindergarten. I love having them at home and dread the day they leave. So, I figure I will take advantage of the few years I have them before they start school, go on missions, get married, etc.
Besides - there really are all kinds of fun things to do with them and lots of kids around for playdates (like mine:).
Tough decision! Good luck with it!

Heidi said...

PULL THEM OUT. I am sending Maes to ONE year of Preschool (the year before Kindergarten), and it is mostly for social reasons. She loves PBS kids and plays so many learning games- she amazes me with what she knows- she played it a lot last year (before she was in pre-school). Jake will just do one year as well. My friend only sent her first to pre-school and then kept the others home before Kindergarten- she said that the others had playmates and did not need the social stuff. I won't go that far. When I taught Kindergarten kids (for art at my first school) I could tell some kids were very prepared for school (by their school behavior) and some were not- i think that the ones that had preschool had that edge. But one year is fine- in my opinion. Keep them home, enjoy them. I don't know about flag, but in Mesa they don't even have 1/2 day kindergarten. So next year Maes is GONE ALL DAY!!!. SO Sad.

harmon family said...

I have some friends who got together and took turns "teaching" preschool at their house. I think there were 4 kids and each week it switched. So each mom only had one week each month that she was in charge of. That gives the kids learning experiences with friends around. I think it sounds fun and I am sure there are tons of people who would join in.