
had a run-in with a shovel. I had just gotten a load of laundry
out to start folding, smiling to myself at how well the boys were
playing together. They have been fascinated with digging holes
lately. Then I hear Brock screaming. I go to the back door, retrieve
my crying son who's tears are turning the dirt in his eyes to mud.
I notice his mouth is pretty bloody, so I take him to the sink to wash
his mouth (and eyes) out. He was pretty darn upset about the dirt
in his eyes. We get the blood under control and then I notice a gash
right above his lip. Bodie got him with the (metal) shovel and it just
split it right open. The pediatrician sent us to the E.D. for stitches.
Brock was so brave and calm! I started getting a pit in my stomach
knowing what my little guy would have to go through... The doctor
decided to actually glue it back together since it lined up so nicely.
I was grateful. (That is 1/2 a spiderman bandaid above his lip) Hopefully
it won't scar too bad -but I'm sure it will only be the first of many.



4 comments:
Aww, poor Brock! Thank goodness for glue, it is so much better than stitches!
Jacob has had two gashes on his forehead that were glued. One didn't hardly scar and one kinda did. I don't get why some things scar and some don't???
Glad he was brave and is okay!:)
Fortuately boys/dudes/men seem to think scars are cool, so if it does...
He looks okay with the 1/2 bandaide. Hahahaha! So what's it like rushing off to the doctor with three kids?
ARE YOU GUYS COMING DOWN?
I hate to see the first scar on their beautiful skin. It breaks my heart. I know that more will come and that whiskers will grow and hide scars...but that is too much for me to think about. All I care about is that sweet "little boy skin" that is so tender and smooth. (heavy sigh) It's just life...but it makes me sad.
I'm glad I read on in the story since that first pic looks like a huge hole and not a bandaid! Poor Brockie! I still don't know how you do it?!
Post a Comment