Saturday, October 11

Young Love, Mature Love

I came upon this pretty sweet picture of Jess and me at the top of Half Dome in Yosemite
and it got me thinking about life B.C....Before Children. It kinda made my head hurt,
because I had to dig, and dig to the back recesses of my mind to remember those days...
and we had YEARS...nearly 4, before the kiddos came along (in full force I might add). Funny how that happens. But this picture helps me remember. Life was was exciting, fun, somewhat carefree yet still busy, and... not as FULL. (I almost put empty)... Sometimes I look at couples w/out children and think -'Oh, those were the days...' but then something quietly whispers a reminder of the wealth I have acquired over the years. Who knew a heart could be so BIG, so full, so devoted...That it could swell to such a capacity? A mother's love is fierce, and I'm grateful to feel it running through my very being. Children bring an 'abundance' to my life, and I know I need to enjoy each and every step along the way, and keep that 'young love' flourishing!

3 comments:

melinda said...

That is an awesome picture!!
Wow!

I totally agree, it is hard to even remember life without the kids! Everything is so much more complete now:)

I'm free on the 23rd! I'd be happy to watch 3 cool boys! Jacob would be totally THRILLED (and Emma would love it too). Let me know for sure your plans!

Jen said...

Beautiful post Sara~

harmon family said...

You and Jess have really had some great adventures with eachother. I know how you feel when you see a couple alone and "carefree" but as mothers we have more than they could even dream of. But it is nice to remember why we got married in the first place...that is what Mommy/daddy alone time is for:)