Sunday, May 25

What a week! Monday I was totally sick - weird! Luckily it only lasted a day and luckily Jess was home! I was whipped.
I finished my book, got most my hooks hung up, and got my header figured out (obviously). The more important goals however, like getting to bed by 10 and moisturizing every day didn't happen. Although I think I was in bed by 8:30 one night... The porch swing project kinda got put on the back burner due to psycho cold weather. My plants survived - so I am pretty happy about that!
Brock sliced his head open yesterday, I took him to the fire station and Jess took care of him. I don't know why he was running straight for the wood stove, but he was, and happened to trip right before he got there...ouch. There was much bleeding. It's healing nicely though...it wasn't THAT big, just about 1/4" or so...but he took his butterfly band aids off today, and Jess had already left for Mexico - so some friends brought over some steri-strips (?) and did him up good! After they left, I took inventory of us...Wow - we were a sorry looking bunch! Brock had food stains everywhere from the day all over his clothes because I guess I don't have the 'bib' concept down, Wyatt had just taken a major dump and stunk up the whole house, Bodie has a chunk of hair missing -who knows when he cut it...I noticed it at church...Sometimes I just don't notice how rag-tag we are until I step back and observe! Oh well. They're clean when they go to bed. We made instant pudding tonight. I don't know why I haven't bought it more - the boys get SO excited about making it, it's fun. The possibilities seem endless, and duh, it's instant! It's not my favorite though.
So Jess is gone, (oh, it was fun to see him off. I could tell he was really excited!) Luckily I have a busy week ahead of me, and busy boys to keep me preoccupied. It should all go by fast, and hopefully no heads are split open while he is away.

Goals for the week:
-Get my oil changed
-Get running shoes
-Get a few I.D. jobs tied up/taken care of
-Pay bills
-Dust
-Read the BOM every day.
-and the usual bedtime!! One of these days.


Looking forward to:
-warmer temps, SUN S H I N E.
-bookclub - it's been awhile since I've been able to make it!
-V E G A S.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your boys keep you busy! You have such great goals, I like how you write them out and accomplish them. Poor Brock and his head. Why is it they always trip at the right moment to do the most damage? Livi does it all of the time, usually in public and causes great big scenes. I just pretend everyone is looking away instead of right at me wondering about my mothering skills....I hope the weather in improving for you all in Flagstaff, crazy that is is snowing so much so late...

Tia said...

Oh yes Sara this makes me not want to bring my kids to your house tomorrow can't I take yours for you please. Not that im feeling sorry for you but hey we can all use a break right? Let me know!!