Wednesday, May 28

The first Poppy has bloomed!
I love it. It's a happy flower!













I was 'closing up shop' the other night when I came upon this on the window trim... I saw him earlier sticking the orange marker in his pocket! Duh!
Ohwell. It brought a smile to my face. :)

14 comments:

Marnie said...

Hey, he can write his name really well! And that poppy is very happy! I love blooming flowers. Sara, your blog is a work of art. I love reading it. You are very inspiring.

The Dean Family said...

i want to comment on all of your posts..but all i can say is i LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LOOK! so cute...please tell me how you did that..i would really like to do that! and of course i can't help but comment on bodie's name..so funny!

Marilyn said...

Sorry mom....but Nana loves his handwriting. I think you should consider it wall art....but then I don't know how to shape the idea of "no writing on walls", if we get too proud. He really did do a good job on his lettering. Consult the Queen of Clean's website for cleaning instructions...and maybe he should do the cleaning...We only write on paper Bodie...but Nana loves you!!!

Miss Niss said...

LOVE the flowers and the name just cracks me up...i recently found Abby's name written on the bathroom wall right next to the toilet! she must have had a long session on the toilet that day! hahahaaha

Nat said...

I too love poppies! I love reading all your posts, you're so funny! I particularly enjoyed the crooked nose story- You are and have always have been so beautiful and I have never once noticed crookedness in your nose!

mom said...

I love poppies, too. As a little girl I belonged to the American Junior Legion Auxiliary and we used to sing patriotic songs for Memorial day and sell poppies in remembrance of those who served in the military - as well as decorating their graves with them.
I like Marilyn's "wall art" mentality suggestion while encouraging him to keep it on paper. :)

Anonymous said...

I seriously APOLOGIZE for not responding sooner... it's not like me! We have been CRAZY for the past month with family in town and graduation stuff BUT I am SO HAPPY that you connected. Sara, I'm completely in awe of your accomplishments (exercise, healthy habits, ALL BOYS). What an inspiration to many people you are! I would LOVE to get your email or if you use a messenger like msn, yahoo, or gmail... LET ME KNOW! You can email all that to me at cabm.taylor@gmail.com
Talk to you soon!
Allison

Cassie Simonton said...

Ha thats funny, I found the same thing on my boys room window seel...except mine said "BRYSON"...and I found myself smiling because he actually did a really good job!! Got to love them!!!

Jana said...

Very well done Bodie! I just love reading your blog! It can make me giggle and cry, sympathize and sigh... Thanks for your awesomeness! By the way, when I need a laugh, I look back at the video of Brock waiting for the train... priceless!!!

[dene'] said...

signing his name...made me smile. did he say, "it wasn't me!"????/ I really like poppies...pretty

Russ and Debbie said...

my sister wrote her name on everything when she was little. drove my mom crazy.

Anonymous said...

Pretty flower and way to look at the artwork by Bodie positively!

Shauna said...

If you happen to live in that same house in 20 years I bet Bodie's name right there is your favorite. Cute flower and cute name.

Marilyn said...

Sara I have to tell you ...when Bodie was here at the house we got out some paper and markers. I said, "Bodie we don't color on walls or windows at Nana's house". He said, "Why not?" and I told him, "because we only color on paper"....and he blinked a couple of times and nodded....I had to laugh and it reminded me that the world is all new to him and how much he is just learning. What a delight!