Saturday, May 24


True Story.

There once was a girl with a crooked nose. She fell madly in love. She was with her love one night and he looked deep into her eyes and asked, "Did you break your nose?" Hoping for a great story, the love was caught off guard when the girl started to cry. You see, the girl had issues, or rather insecurities, with her crooked nose. Her love wasn't supposed to even notice her crooked nose, but inevitably he D I D and asked the profoundly impolite question. "Nuh-ohhhhh!" the girl was barely able to reply, choking back tears. He had some major back peddling to do. :)

Oh man, it's funny to remember 'special' moments like that. I just asked Jess if he remembered when he asked me if I had broken my nose! His reply: "Yep. *pause* It was a fair question, an honest question... Just trying to learn more about you."
I guess I can't argue with that. :)

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

I never noticed you had a crooked nose...how can anyone see anything but your beautiful eyes, hair and complexion....so the poor nose went un-noticed...maybe that is why is chose to be a little crooked...so someone might take notice...it would be a good parable. Love your new header....and style. I'll drop you and email.

melinda said...

I've never noticed a crooked nose. You gotta have ONE flaw, and it seems yours isn't nearly as obvious as you feel;)

But, if it makes you feel better, the EMT that took the kids tonsils out asked me if I had ever broken my nose because I have a "deviated septum" Now I have yet another flaw to be embarrased about and until that point, I hadn't even noticed it on MYSELF! I have too many bigger problems;)

LOVE your new page. Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

That's too funny! I seriously have never noticed your nose being crooked. Regardless, your gorgeous so it doesn't matter! I'm sure Jess couldn't get his foot out of his mouth fast enough at the moment! I love your new header. Was is hard to to do? I desperately need a cute header for my blog.

[dene'] said...

my nose is the same way..i wonder if it is in the genes.

[dene'] said...

ps- yeah, how did you do the header????

sara said...

Wha?? Wow - that is really funny - because it has ALWAYS been sooo noticeable to me....OBVIOUSLY. I'm just almost stumped...and... relieved? :) I guess I should be flattered Jess noticed...he must have really studied my face :P
Dene' - for sure in the genes...work w/ what you're dealt, right? :)
Header - I did it in photoshop...I found the disc that we never installed when we got our computer - so Dene' you should have it...
There is an option to 'photomerge' -or something like that, so that's how I got the two photos together - Not hard, but probably a lot easier if I knew the program!

Jana said...

I think you're absolutely beautiful and that story made me laugh! I read it to Glen too. Well worth a chuckle miss pretty! As always, cute blog!!!

Russ and Debbie said...

Your nose has never looked crooked to me. And even if it is your one of the most beautiful gals I know.