Sunday, May 4

Today was Fast and Testimony Meeting. There is a boy who is 10 or so that gets up quite often and bears the sweetest testimonies. Today he said something like - "I know all of you care about me, and I care about you too." :) and then he talked about how they had family night where they each wrote why they loved one another. (There are 5 little boys - he is the oldest, and a new little girl was born not to long ago to the family) And he said, "I was just so proud because sometimes we fight for days, and forget why we love each other, so it was good to remember all the reasons that we love each other." It just made me smile and I thought how important it is to remember why we love all the people in our lives...especially those who are closest to us...
I was talking to a friend this week about our kids and she said something to the effect that she knows exactly what her son is going to do before he does it. Often times I too know how my children are going to react to something and it just made me think how our Heavenly Father really does know each of his children - just like we know ours! It's a comforting thought to me.
Nursery was crazy today!!! We had quite a few criers, some new kids, and some tired kids! So it made for an interesting 2 hours!!! Ha! Quite the show for someone looking in! We realized today that next week is Mother's Day and we should probably have the kids make something for their Mother's. I would have totally spaced or not have done anything if it wasn't brought to my attention!!! I am so bad about looking ahead and thinking of things like that! Not one of my favorite traits about myself.
Well, Bodie is officially riding his bike! (No training wheels). He pretty much took it upon himself to learn by initiating it - Nana came up to help me plant some flowers and he asked her to help him and she'd just give him a push and he was off!!! Now he is able to start by himself and turn too. It's pretty fun! Another stage! Gosh. He said something really funny this past week. Why can't I remember it!? Part of his prayer tonight was, "Thankful that we can go fishing, thankful that we can bring chocolate and candy bars, (He means protein bars) Bless that we can catch lots of fish." :)
Jess is back to working his normal schedule - 48on, 96 off...Oh it is good!! I liked having him home evenings when he was doing his class, 8-5 but I couldn't get anything done! I was however more consistent getting dinner on the table because I knew he'd be home at a certain time and we'd sit together - I liked that a lot! This week he was basically gone- He worked two days and then went fishing at Lake Powell and got back last night. We went to the station for a visit while he was working and Wyatt was having a ball!!! It's been awhile since we've been there and he's been able to get around on his own! Funny kid. Actually he's crazy.
So - I did good on my goals - but totally bombed getting to bed by 10pm. Not good. I called my Grandpa on my Dad's side to ask him a few questions about his family. We talked for nearly 40 min.! He is like 93! Wow. He told me story after story - It was so neat. I couldn't believe how much I didn't know about my Grandpa! I didn't really do too great at drinking a ton of water, but I did get to yoga twice, and kept up on my housework which is a miracle in and of itself. But now it's a wreck since Dad got home. It only takes .24356234329809327093 seconds. Sigh. I didn't take the kids to the park because it's been pretty windy so we went to the library instead. That was THE FIRST TIME I have taken them all to the library specifically for them. Something about my 3 boys and going into a "quiet place" with a ton of books to be pulled off the shelves just didn't seem appealing. I'm glad I got over that because we had a great time! Wyatt was the only tough one - but we had the place to ourselves so it was awesome.

Goals this week:
-Find something for the Nursery kids to do for Mothers Day!
-Get ready for our fishing trip!
-Get to bed by 10pm
-Get my 'friendship bread' passed out
-Have meaningful prayers.

Looking forward to:
-Our fishing trip!
-Having a little relaxation and getting to read (hopefully!!!)

1 comment:

mom said...

I keep saying that you're an inspiration, but you and your sisters are - you all seem so much more aware than I was at your age. All of you have set goals for yourselves and it is so gratifying to watch as you reach them and set more. Way to be!

I hope you get as much relaxation time as you are hoping for. :) I think it'll be a fun trip for you and the boys. I'm looking forward to checking Black River out soon.