Feeling F e m i n i n e
I wore this to Church today... I'm always scrambling Sunday morning...What to wear? I pulled out a skirt that I haven't worn for years, grabbed a top and then saw the belt I bought several months ago but have never worn...It was fun to wear and I felt SO girl-y which is rare for me in a household full of smelly boys. And I felt like I could have been transported back 50 or 60 years. -The belt gave the skirt a whole new look. I was talking w/ Jess the other night about wishing I could always wear skirts, because the right skirt does a 'pear shape', bottom heavy bod like mine good. And then I thought, "Why can't I?" Oh, because that would require me to shop and I'm not a great shopper... I'll go into a store, try on things, like things and not like things, and then get all flustered and leave empty handed. It's a vicious cycle...So we had a pretty eventful week! Bodie's bare foot stepped on a nail outside, Wyatt poured concentrated dish soap all over the carpet in his bedroom, a large picture screen fell down on top of him, he pushed an open gallon of milk onto the floor which splattered everywhere...funny how most the eventful things have to do with Wyatt! :) Oh -and not to leave Brock out... he decided to poop outside. ?%*! (we're not camping anymore kiddo) Kona was just finishing cleaning up the mess as I got my head around what was going on...*vomit*. Oh boy. Roll with the punches...my new motto. Oh, and we survived a Target outing with me trying on bathing suits of all things. There was basically a UFC match between all three boys in the family dressing room and I was the 1/2 neck-ed referee. I tried the whole mail order thing, but it's just a tad disheartening when you get the suit(s), try them on and think, "Wow, this looks nothing like the catalog picture!"
We (the boys and I) did see the most beautiful rainbow - oh it was gorgeous. It filled the w h o l e sky and had a lovely high arch... and then it was gone because the sun was going past the horizon. I wish I had had my camera with me. Days later I'm still thinking about it.
I am loving working in the yard & garden. Friday I got the old *vintage* push mower out and mowed the front and back - that was my workout for the day. Usually it's not so tough, but it was the first 'cut' of the season and the grass was pretty high and thick in places! I also planted more flowers, and started on resurrecting the old front porch swing...scraping the weathered paint off. I'm a 'picker' so I loved it. It will be really nice to have it up again after being down for so long. The front porch is going to get even more use this summer. This house is finally starting to feel like a home.
I am really looking forward to this week - Jess has been gone the last 3 days (for a youth conference and then work) and he gets off in the morning. His 4-day actually isn't already jam-packed with other responsibilities! *Shocker!* So I'm looking forward to spending time together and getting a few things done around here. And it's always nice to be able to run errands kid-free! But he is leaving for Mexico until the beginning of June at the end of the week so I am going to soak it up! After church (oh man Nursery was another doosie!) we headed over to the station to visit with him -He had his turn-out bottoms on and he is just too dog-gone hunk-a-licious in them and it makes me want to run and jump in his arms every time. I settled for his lap. And he played with my knee as we watched the boys run around the fire trucks. I liked it. A lot. Several people at church told me "Jess was so good with the kids, (referring to the youth conference) -He's so patient, and helped them so much." ...the conference took place in a slot canyon and there were several long repels. He is really good with kids/teenagers -He always seems to know the right things to say, which is why I'm so glad he's helping me raise these boys, because I think I'm going to be at a loss when it comes to those teenage years!
Goals this week:
-Finish up the book I'm reading
-Get the porch swing done and hung up
-Hang my hooks
-Get to bed by 10pm
-Moisturize every day.
-Figure out how to do a header for my blog



10 comments:
Very girly and beautiful! You're awesome... and speaking of awesome... how do you find you're templates (that let you use your entire screen) and also how do you put your pics so cute (and where you want them!). Just wondering since I have this generic blog!
LOVE that skirt! so cute...I'm with you about the whole shopping thing...its funny though, most the time, when I go by myself, I find NOTHING...but if I take someone with me, I find EVERYTHING! I guess it's their outside opinion or something, who knows!
love all the flowers and gardening your doing...so beautiful...
So fine, Sara! You always look feminine to me. I don't remember my life being quite as exciting as yours (and your boys) at your age. Maybe I've blocked it all out. That's a great thing about the blogs. Preserved for history and later enjoyment and laughter.
Great to see your goals and your progress. I'm trying to emulate you. Love! mom
look at that tiny waste...you look nice!
You look great! When I was in your ward, you were always the person I looked at and thought "WOW, she always comes up with the cutest outfits!" and you ALWAYS looked pulled together. Who knew you shared my Sunday morning what-to-wear stress. You must hide your deilima 200 times better than me;)
sara..love the skirt! so cute...i was just telling josh last night i don't know how you do such a good job raising three boys w/ jess gone so much...i can tell you really do a good job! then josh brought up jess heading out to mexico...too bad josh can't go:( maybe next time!
Thanks for the tips! This technology stuff is difficult for me to grasp. I love how our kids will be running circles around us with this stuff in no time! We need to schedule a girl trip to Katie's sometime (maybe if the airline starts up again in the fall!!)
Sara I thought that was a picture fromm a catalog or something. You look good. Dene' is right, tiny waist.
Love that outfit! And this post. I want to go feel feminine now!
Maier,
We heard about the Californian Hero and we pray that all is well. He is the toughest guy we know so we have full faith that he can make it through anything. Yes, even the fire & brimstone in Mississippi to the Mountian high flames in Northern Cali, but like true friends we always worry about our blood. This won't be the 1st time that he has us sweating bullets about his 9 lives. Please send us an update once the family is safe and well. Give the boy'z our love and please give Marilyn a hug for us. Also, we will say a prayer for you Sara and we have full confidence that you'll know in whom you can find the strength. Our Father watches over all his children especially through all their tender mercies.
If there is anything we can do just call. Stay Strong!
Love,
The Zufelts
Post a Comment