I talked to my oldest sister on the phone yesterday. We talked for nearly an hour. That is pretty impressive considering we rarely talk or keep in touch. She sent me a little package for my b-day (which was so nice and sweet) and I called to thank her. I love it when I have a QUALITY conversation with someone and feel like I connect with them... I get so irritated when it feels like the conversation is just on the surface... So it was really good to talk to her - We talked about family history, because I'm just getting started and had questions. Budgets. I'm still really interested in what people spend - and she has a family of 9, so I thought I'd ask what she spends and what they eat...and to get new ideas for dinner. We talked about food storage. We talked about life. We shared our testimonies of certain principles of the gospel. It was really nice.
Mid-week I was at a Church activity - and I found out a couple that has been trying to get pregnant is expecting! I gave the mother-to-be a big hug and totally started crying... like really crying. I had to excuse myself and get out of there asap. How embarrassing! She asked me if I was the pregnant one. You'd think! Driving home I tried to figure out my reaction. I was just so happy for them. And I love being a Mom, and am happy that others can experience it. And I was happy that they don't have to wait any longer and are out of the 'wishing and hoping' stage. And I am baby hungry...Every new little baby I see. I would be sad if I didn't experience it all again. Jess is on the "DONE-ZO" meter currently, which I can't blame him. He had 3 crazy boys in the short span of THREE years. But I am being patient and figure I can wait another year before really trying to persuade him. Hmm. It is a topic that is on my mind. A lot.
I am the Nursery Leader at church and I am really enjoying my calling. We have a new little girl, Jennifer, who I want to take home with me. She has blond hair and big blue eyes and a petite little frame. And a little pacifier that she is never without. She had a really hard time the previous week, and just cried and wanted n o t h i n g to do with me. This week she cried a bit when her dad left, but she let me hold her and rock her and she settled down...and was close by me the whole time. I loved holding her. We have another boy who has separation anxiety, but he is getting better and it makes me so happy! All I want is for the kiddos to look forward to nursery time! We also have a little boy and girl who are neighbors and they are a riot!! When we were sitting down for snack she leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He acted like it happens all the time. I was dying. Later I took them both for a potty break and the boy looks at her and says, "I love you" and she replied "Me too." :) Cute.
My goals for this week:
-Staying on top of household tasks...I'm certain one day my weaknesses will become my strengths!
-Getting to yoga at least once.
-Getting a food order in to my provident living specialist.
-Learn more about family history. L O T S to search for and explore. I'm really excited about this. I'm feeling the "Spirit of Elijah"
-Drink more water
-Take the boys to the park
-Be in bed by 10 pm
Looking forward to:
Dierks Bently concert on Thursday!!!!!
Sunday, April 27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
IM excited too and hope you had a wonderful birthday!!! I like the new color it threw me off for a second didn't know if I landed on the right one but i like!
LOVE your goals. Love how you write. Love you. :)
Love your positive attitude. It rubs off on everyone. So glad you were able to talk to Shelly. It's hard to believe that there is almost 10 years difference in your ages.
I am keeping a life log for a week to determine what I do with my day and see if I'm happy with where I'm at or see if I need to better utilize the time that I have. Kind of like keeping a food diary, only this is an hourly diary.
PS. The world needs more moms like you who genuinely love and enjoy being a mom. Your children are blessed. love you mom
Sara, your blog looks great! I love how you journal so much. And the pictures are beautiful. That thought about the future when your kids won't think you're cool anymore...made me want to cry. Let's not go there. Too depressing.
Post a Comment