It is exciting and S A D how fast he is growing up.
This morning he was giving me a big hug and said "I'm getting so big, Mom". (I had picked him up) I told him, "Well, no matter how big you get you have to promise me you'll always give me big hugs like this!" I really hope he always will. My Mom told me the saddest time for her was when her kids didn't think she was cool anymore, or didn't think she knew what she was talking about... I am dreading that day and hope it never comes!
This morning he was giving me a big hug and said "I'm getting so big, Mom". (I had picked him up) I told him, "Well, no matter how big you get you have to promise me you'll always give me big hugs like this!" I really hope he always will. My Mom told me the saddest time for her was when her kids didn't think she was cool anymore, or didn't think she knew what she was talking about... I am dreading that day and hope it never comes!



5 comments:
It really does go way too fast huh? And he's probably a whiz at the computer! Kids these days :)
What is that cool effect you do to all your pictures?
yeah, I'm not looking forward to that day EITHER!!! i think its even worse with girls, or can be atleast...
we just gotta enjoy them now and their lives now bcz its always gonna be changing!
RaShel has had Preston hug and kiss her cheek (he'd been told, also, that he'll never be too big) before he turns in for the night since he was a tiny guy. He graduates from HS in May! Preston looked embarrassed when she told us that, but you can tell that he didn't mind it at all - that he enjoyed the ritual.
I don't remember the boys being temperamental or rolling their eyes at me at that age (jr.hi) as much as you girls. But it's just a growth stage that most all of us go through. I did with my mom.
You'll do just fine. Keep em close.
Shauna-
I have a mac - so in iPhoto I adjust them using the 'effects' tool.
(Sometimes I'll 'enhance' the photo first)
I boost the color, then antique, then fade the color 2 or 3 times. -I know other programs have similar effects. Hope that helps!
Mom, I don't think I am part of the 'you girls' part - am I? :P
He is s handsome guy. I hate that they grow up at all.
Post a Comment