Thank goodness we had this baby though, because it was so cold!! The little heater inside kept us all toasty and warm, and it was so nice to wake up and not feel like your toes needed to be amputated! And it was lovely eating our dinner at a quaint little table inside! (Jess hunted grouse the other day and actually came back with three! I was very surprised/impressed because he is not a hunter. We grilled them up on the fire, along with the hobo dinners I put together, and they were actually really good!!) Then we made s'mores, and called it a night. Fun family times!
Wednesday, September 19
Last night we took out our recent *vintage* :) purchase of a few months ago (see below) and went camping! The boys were so excited, they could hardly take their afternoon naps. We drove just outside of town to the most beautiful spot, with a very short walk to an open meadow that had an incredible view of the mountain. For some reason all the pictures we took to document the event have disappeared off of the memory card. !*%#? Could the camera battery dying have anything to do with it? It's a mystery!

Thank goodness we had this baby though, because it was so cold!! The little heater inside kept us all toasty and warm, and it was so nice to wake up and not feel like your toes needed to be amputated! And it was lovely eating our dinner at a quaint little table inside! (Jess hunted grouse the other day and actually came back with three! I was very surprised/impressed because he is not a hunter. We grilled them up on the fire, along with the hobo dinners I put together, and they were actually really good!!) Then we made s'mores, and called it a night. Fun family times!
Thank goodness we had this baby though, because it was so cold!! The little heater inside kept us all toasty and warm, and it was so nice to wake up and not feel like your toes needed to be amputated! And it was lovely eating our dinner at a quaint little table inside! (Jess hunted grouse the other day and actually came back with three! I was very surprised/impressed because he is not a hunter. We grilled them up on the fire, along with the hobo dinners I put together, and they were actually really good!!) Then we made s'mores, and called it a night. Fun family times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. You are always doing so many fun family outings. I have not a clue where yall live, but where ever it is seems like there is a ton to do right at your doorstep!
Super fun! i am forever the biggest fan of hobo dinners. I LOVE THEM! :)My brother is thinking about applying to the nursing program up there at NAU...SO EXCITED!
Way cool! He would love it. Way fun college town...and the nursing school is supposed to be really good. We know plenty of nurses if he'd like to talk to any of them!
Love your "vintage" camper! What is a grouse? I've never heard of such a thing!
Sara that looks like a whole lot of fun on wheels!!! I love camping! You and Jess are the funnest parents...if I told the boy's we were going camping I'm sure they would look at me with a puzzled look and ask a million question's about this "camping" business!!
Grouse are a group of birds from the order Galliformes. Grouse inhabit temperate and subarctic regions of the northern hemisphere. They are game and are sometimes hunted for food.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:)
(I had no clue either!!)
Cassie- camping is the best. I'm having flashbacks to that time we met at Lake Powell!
okay so tell me what is in those pots by your front door. I want to copy you. it is already getting cold here so I have no hope of just putting flowers in a pot. I am trying to dress my front area up so that it looks cute when Pres comes home. help!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know what grouse are. Sounds fun, though!
Katy- I got the decorations at Target last year - I bet you could totally make them though!!!
Thats cool! I want one!
Post a Comment