Saturday, August 25

While these two recovering hoodlums went to Nana and Papa's house for two days,




WE GOT GRASS!!!!!!!!

It's pretty much the most beautiful sight these eyes have beheld since we tore up our front and back yards a few months ago. The dirt/mud nearly sent me to the nut house. Seriously. Not a good combination w/ 3 boys and a dog. I don't know what the boys are going to do when they see it!! :)

So Wyatt has been my right-hand man with the boys and Dad gone. You think that he would be safe with his brothers not here to romp on him. Not so. Not so.

This morning we had a lovely time shopping at Sam's Club. After getting him loaded in the truck, I threw the keys on my seat, shut the door and walked around to open the driver-side door. HOLY @#%*!! Yep. I somehow locked the keys AND Wyatt in the car. My phone was also in the car, so I had to run in the store to use the phone. Normally, I would just call the nearest fire station and have the guys come down and jimmy the door. (um - I am admitting I have done this before) But the numbers are in my phone and I couldn't remember any for the life of me. So I had to dial 911. Great - now ALL the stations would know. It was pretty embarrassing. I don't know if it's better that I know the guys or not. Wyatt was fine -but he started to cry when they got there. :( THANK GOODNESS it doesn't get hot here! They were really nice -and gave me a hard time - which is just typical of their nature, so needless to say I bought them ice cream and made them texas sheetcake to be delivered to the station shortly. Wyatt - you're a survivor!! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sara what an awkward thing to know that you would know all of the guys on the call, but also so comforting too. And of course they don't know any other way other than razz you about it all! What an adorable picture of Wyatt. And a great story to put in his baby book! Yeah for grass! I can't inagine what it was like this past little while with dirt, you are also a surivior!

Kim said...

UH, good thing it wasn't in a Walmart parking lot down here.

[dene'] said...

Wow Sara, I am glad that it all worked out ok. No fun. Good thing you didn't have all three boys and YES, that it WASN'T blazzing hot. Your grass looks nice. I bet that it fun!

Courtney said...

Oh no, how funny. I have done that before when Haley was little baby. We actually broke our window to get her out, but not until after the store called the police department. I was given the 3rd degree. I think I would have rather been razzed.

Abby Runyan said...

I wish I could see your grass! I know it looks so good. I loved your cute house. So I locked Jospeh in the car when he was just a baby and had to call 911 I was freaking out but the good old firefighters came to my rescue!

Tia said...

Oh thats a good one, that gave me a good little laugh. I can only imagine what Jess had to say, I guess it would be similar to my husbands!

Cassie Simonton said...

AHHH, a mother's worst nighmare! I'm glad you and Wyatt survived!! It happens to all of us!

Rachel Clare said...

No! That is so scary. I locked Rowan in the car here in July (and it WAS hot), but fortunately the car was on. It took a while to get her out though. Glad he's okay!

Marnie said...

What stress!! I hate car problems--of any sort. I'm sure those fire fighters love you though. :)

harmon family said...

Thank goodness for fire fighters:) We are in the process of doing our back yard too. I HATE the dirt. We still have to pour cement before we can lay down the sod. It will be done someday and then I will think it's worth it.