Friday, May 11



I did my second session of tanning this afternoon. We're going to California at the end of this month and I really didn't want to be dimply AND pasty. As I was laying there, soaking in the neon lights, the thought occured to me that what I was subjecting myself to probably wasn't great for my body. I tried to justify the thought with another: "At least my face is covered". Then I also realized that no matter how tan I get, it won't get rid of my cottage cheese. It will just be brown now. wahhhhhhhhh. (but brown is better than white, right?) sigh. big sigh.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Hey for me I think being tan does hide some of my dimples :) I haven't been to a booth in a long time but I'm tempted a lot!

Becky said...

I am right there with you! Being tan makes me feel 100 times cuter/prettier/skinner! i dont know why...because i am sure it really doesnt to anyone else, i think it must just be a mental thing. :) cali? so fun! What part?

The Wilkins' said...

Ahhh, how I'd love to be in Cali! I totally agree - you feel and look so much better with a tan! I'm just way too paranoid about skin cancer these days. Have you tried a "Mystic Tan" - spray tanning at a salon. Not the best, but does the job if you just need color.

sara said...

The skin cancer thought went through my head too. I have yet to try the spray on tan. I don't think I'd worry about tanning if I had a beautiful milky complexion like you!
We're going to San Diego - Family trip to celebrate Jess's sister graduating from Nursing School. I'm so excited!

Kim said...

FAKE TAN. They are so much better than they used to be. I don't like the stinky smell they make though.