
This has been something I've wanted to do for several years now: The Imogene Pass Run. It's a 17.1 mile point-to-point mountain race within the western San Juan mountains of Colorado, along a route which connects the towns of Ouray (7810 ft.) and Telluride (8820 ft.) It's held every year in September, the first Saturday after Labor Day. LOTS of people from Flagstaff participate and I've always wanted to be one of them, however I've kinda been pregnant for the last 4 years! :) So this is my year!! Registration is in June and it fills up quickly (I think they allow something like 1,400 participants) I am excited to register and also a little hesitant. "Who am I kidding, it's 10 miles up hill." (I think of this constantly whenever I'm running a hill here) But I saw a girl at the club (that's what we call the gym here) who is also training for it and I got a lot of good advice and it really made me excited about doing this and training! Plus, I love Ouray and I love Telluride, so why not!? I also really like the idea of pushing myself and seeing how I do. So we'll see, I still have to figure out the logistics because Jess could be going back east at the exact time, but it will all work out! The countdown is on! :)




10 comments:
You are amazing... What tips did that girl give you? I am totally rooting for you!!
That is so cool! I'm living vicariously through you since I am the worst runner ever. Can't wait to hear about it!
Sara! How fabulous of you! How about if you run for me as well... by the way, you look so grand for having 3 children!!! So Jess isn't running with you?
NO! Jess isn't gonna run it with me! :( I'd love it if he did - but it's very unlikely! Not his idea of fun, but I'm gonna work on him! Hopefully he'll be able to come and hang out though - he may be at the annual firefighters national softball tournament the same weekend(ya, I didn't know there was such a thing either!)
The girl I talked to passed on training tips she got from the guy at 'A Runner's High' (that store on Humphrey's) -mostly about training by lenth of time instead of speed or milage. It just gave me a different perspective.
Wow. You are amazing...the reason you are always going to have a great body even after having kids :) Way to go! Good luck too.
Sara,
Good for you! We are right across the boarder of SW Colorado, about 45 min. from Durango. Maybe I'll come up and cheer you on! (As I wont be running that.....)
;)
Rachel
You go girl! What an awesome thing to do. You'll do great! So fun to have motivation to actually train for a race. Keep us posted on your training and feel free to post tips too!
Sounds like it's gonna be an amazing trip!!!
Sarah! I just cam across this blog today. WOW. You can do it. Are you foam rolling????
kim- you know it! The foam roller is my friend. I'm at mom's and was on her's this morning after my run.
Post a Comment