Wednesday, March 21

I had a good workout this morning - I like pushing myself hard. I started out on the treadmill - and did a warm up for 5 min. at 4.0 incline and 4.0 speed. After the 5 min. were up, I lowered the incline to 2.0 and jogged at 6.0 for 2 min. Then 6.2 for 2 min. Then 6.4 for 3 min. and lowered the incline to 0.0. Then 6.6 for 2 min. and repeated this until I was at 7.4. After those two min. were up, I did two more at 7.5, and then cooled down for 2 min. So it was a total of 26 min. Short and sweet, yet highly effective. I like switching the speeds up because it seems to make the workout not so monotonous and goes quicker. Then I lifted weights on my legs, did lunges, tele-hops, squats, and push-ups and then worked my core with some ball exercises and sit-ups. Not bad - but I'd still like someone there coaching me, training me. I miss that from high school. You just work harder because you have to. There is a great workout program called crossfit. http://www.crossfit.com/ I have done a few things from this program, but some things I shy away from because I've never done them before and don't feel comfortable or confident (like explosive power lifts, the clean and jerk...stuff like that) But the workouts are very interesting because they are quick, yet KICK YOUR BUTT. I don't think I have EVER been more sore in my life. So it's pretty cool. The website gives you daily workouts and video clips showing how to do each exercise. check 'er out.





4 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for the link...i am totally going to check it out! i am headed to the gym right now. Total conditioning class..kicks my butt. alot of core work. man alive do i need it! i have been trying to stay clear of pop lately and have been doing really good but everynow and then...i just cant help myself. :) the dr. pepper is just too tempting.

what happen to your other post from today with the pics of bodie? it's gone....

Becky said...

by the way...i LOVE THAT picture of you and jess! blow that mug up to life size. COOLEST picture EVER!

sara said...

I dunno - I was having trouble with the computer. weird. weren't they so funny though!?
did you have a good class? There is a really good one here that I need to start going to again.
Pop is a big one for people - Jess doesn't drink it anymore - but when he did, I'd always steel sips.
Ya - I like that pic of us too- It looks scarier than it seemed. It's kinda grainy though :( So I don't think it'd be great blown up.

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

Hey Sara! All boy mania! I have four boys! I am Becky Trejo's older sis! I am totally going to check out this exercise site. Looks great! Thanks for sharing. I absolutely love your song too. I can't wait to hear it!