Tuesday, March 20


It's my blog. I decided I can post however many I want to in one day. Besides, I'm experimenting. :)

On the site: Design Mom, she has a guest mom who decorates these amazing cakes. She even gives you the 'how to' with tons of great pictures. I love how creative she is! Experimenting and learning to decorate cakes is something that I would love to do. Kinda interesting how I told this to myself and put it out there to a few people, and then have come across this. I also feel that way with flower arranging, but that's a total tangent. Anyways! It was my hubby's b-day a few weeks ago, and I wanted to make him a yummy, 'pretty' cake. He LOVES dark, rich chocolate, and mocha flavor and I found the perfect recipe. A flourless chocolate torte with mocha cream frosting. I wanted a tall, layered cake, so I used smaller pans. It was a hit. Hence the picture. There is something very satisfying about creating something pretty. I'd love to expand my horizons and learn new techniques...wait a minute, learn techniques period - As of yet I have no skills. Yet.

2 comments:

KatieJ said...

That looks great! I like your blog too :) I have no skills either- it must be something about that 3rd baby that gets you thinking "what the heck can I do with myself besides pick up after my kids around the house all day..." and then you go start trying to find things to accomplish!

sara said...

No joke! My big debate today is whether or not to go to the grocery store. I just don't know if I can muster up the courage right now!
Don't forget to add picking up after the husband too. :) I can make a pretty good mess myself though. sigh.
I love your on-line scrapbooking - I need to check that out. I can't seem to get into it w/ paper.