Wednesday, September 29

Today was a doozie.

(not taken today)

I am welcoming tomorrow. Jess will be home and I need him. And we have a date. This has become a weekly routine and I've loved it. It usually doesn't fall on the weekend, but whenever he has off... A while back I made it known that I needed him to devote some time to me... So I watched as he put "date w/ sara" on our google calendar and I love seeing it. We do lunch dates, evening dates, and sometimes dates with a boy tagging along. It's good. And I really need one tomorrow.

Why was today so hard?? I know I tried to fit too many things in... helped in the classroom (love Brock's teacher and the set-up she has going), then off to my class, a run OUTSIDE (our weather has been unreal!) Then, with tired children (bank, Michaels, Sams Club, & hot chocolate date w/ boys & a friend...I was so done by then though) We had been going 3.5hrs, straight from school pick up. DUH. *sigh*

I'm looking forward to this weekend w/ General Conference. I thought the General RS Broadcast was wonderful. I am coming out of a 'funk'. I don't know how better to describe it than that, but it feels good.

Going turn in early even though I have a ton of grading to do... I've become great at avoiding this. Not. Good.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Good for you! Dates with hubbies are a necessity! You are an inspiration, with Jeremy and his crazy residency hours I need to just grab him while I can when he has days off. Seriously though you are super mom, I go to one grocery store with my kids and I am just beat. haha I need more stamina! Hang in there and go pamper yourself :)

Anonymous said...

I love dates with the hubby. We were so good at doing weekly dates in AZ. I don't know what we are gonna do here with the lack of babysitters! Maybe it will just be movie dates on the couch. 3 boys at Sams Club - you are superwoman! I stress when I take just Griffin there. Happy Conference weekend!! Love you girl.

The Dean Family said...

i so know how you feel sara!! date nights are so fun & important and it gets put on the back bunner a lot at our house:) or maybe i need to put a :(...it's always a work in progress! and our costco is on the other side and if i go over there i feel like i really need to do everything..wal-mart, oil change, etc. and by the end of it all i'm so exhausted!! you are such a good mom and i just love that pic. of wyatt below:)

sara said...

Thanks guys!
Definitely enjoying this weekend!!!