Sunday, January 24

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND.
Photobucket

12 weeks. 10 daily habits. Here are the deets:

Each item is worth 1 point, with a possible 10 points per day

1 7 hrs. of sleep (not necessarily consecutive - naps count too!)
2 48 oz. of water
3 45 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive)
4 2 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit
5 No soda, beer, wine, unhealthy snacks (ex: potato chips), or bad fast food
6 No sweets. (Desserts, pastries, sugary snacks & cereals) *Sugar-Free alt. ok
7 No eating after 8pm or dinner (whichever is later)

8 15 min. of scripture reading (or spiritual text if you don't do scripture)
9 One journal entry (any length)
10 One random act of kindness (THIS IS A NEW ONE)

Note: Sunday is a "free" day, where all 10pts. are given (THIS IS DIFFERENT)

Exceptions:


-You are excused from the sweet rule on YOUR BIRTHDAY.

-You are allowed three sick days where you are excused (only) from exercising and eating veg/fruit/water [if you can’t eat/drink] This is ONLY to be used if you are indeed sick.

Winners:
The top three challengers with the most points will split 80% of the pot. 1 other challenger who gets an average of 6 pts. or more a day will get the remainder of the pot.



Sign up below- after you do, you should be directed to the spreadsheet for all "challengers" where you can add your name in the "week 1" tab.

*POST EDIT*- I will send you the link to the spreadsheet when I get a notification of payment. I had high hopes of the link working out! :)

Sign up deadline: Feb. 7th


Options




19 comments:

Shelly Beutler said...

THANK YOU SARA!!! Looking forward to the extra motivation:)

Heidi said...

I'll talk to nate. money is a motivation...money lost that is. I really need to take off at LEAST 5 lbs...come on baby fat...keep melting.

Abby Runyan said...

Your killing me!! Who ended up winning the last one?

sara said...

Shelly! ;)

Heidi- I know- I thought of lowering the price, but I thought $20 is just enough to keep you motivated... $10 not so much. :) It will come off!

Abby! I KNOW! There were a couple winners last time- a mother/daughter and a few other people I think (can't remember how many....) But ya- didn't think I'd be hosting another one.

mom said...

I'm in again. Failing miserably on my own. Thank you! One free day will be my challenge. One free point in each category per week was more doable for me. Oh well, it IS a challenge after all!

mom said...

I'm in again. Failing miserably on my own. Thank you! One free day will be my challenge. One free point in each category per week was more doable for me. Oh well, it IS a challenge after all!

Rachel Cunningham said...

I am on the fence. It was a good challenge for me last summer but I liked being able to use my free points on different days. Can't go to In-n-Out or Nielsen's Frozen Custard on Sunday! I will make a decision by the 7th. You are amazing to keep doing these!

sara said...

Rach- I KNOW-

It's gonna be a bit harder (it's how the 'original' one was set up)

[dene'] said...

yes, more of a CHALLENGE with the one free day. Remember, you can make heathly choices at fast food places. {chicken tacos on corn tortillas, salads etc...just no diet sodas...CRAP!}

Heidi said...

i've been thinking about this still. $20 is a very good motivator. Today I ate a doughnut and chips for lunch- so did Jake (bad mom) and i felt like CRAP. my head hurt and yuck yuck yuck. I bought 3 bags of spinach for salads and I need to eat it before it goes bad- and I need to say smoothies are ok - even if it is freezing outside. I'll probably sign up tonight. I NEED TO GET 5 lbs off.. 10 would be better. Running alone won't cut it- especially with the amount of cookies I eat!

sara said...

DO IT HEIDI!! You will feel sooooooo good!!!!

I still make smoothies during the winter -It is ok, though it doesn't seem right. :)

Heidi said...

yeah...i;m just cooooooold. But we have acclimated pretty good. I'm ok with my house being 65 all day long when the sun never comes out to heat things up, and i set the furnace to only come on when it gets 55 in the house. (we bought space heaters for the bedrooms when we sleep- or i'd never get out of my covers in the morning!)

Heidi said...

more from me... ok. desserts. Sweets...sugar free ok? I think that artificial sweeteners are toxic... so I'd rather not. However, Desserts. I have some good alternative desserts.
Apple crisp...apples baked w/o sugar, and topped with homemade granola made with juice concentrate and honey rather than all of the butter and sugar that lots of pre made granola has in it. I gotta have dessert, so if it is something like that or yogurt w/granola? Those are safe alternatives- and to me better than eating artificial sweeteners.
Let me know.

sara said...

-The dessert/sweets part is really about cookies, candy, cakes, pastries..... you get the picture.
The apple crisp sounds wonderful.
It is really all about how far you want to take it for yourself. (going as far as saying NO sugar at all or doing healthy alternatives like you mentioned.

White Lily said...

Considering...I was totally derailed last time with a move and way too much crazy life change, but I'm pretty settled again now, and I'm thinking this may be good...

Do you know of a good workout DVD you could recommend? My jogger tires are shot and I don't know if I'll be able to get them replaced (or a new stroller) before next week. I'm so tied down with kids and don't care much for the gym.

sara said...

Do it! :)

Workout DVD's- I've done a Biggest Looser one w/ Bill -it was yoga and surprisingly pretty tough!

PX90 I hear is great....

Laura and Jimmy said...

I've been doing P90X and it IS great!! I also love yoga booty ballet which is on a totally different level than P90X, but still fun. :) I was so excited to hear you're doing this again! But I can't decide what to do! my nearby friends think I'm crazy for even considering it again. hmmm.. I'll guess I'll figure it out by the 7th..

sara said...

Laura- We'd love to have you! It's a pretty small intimate group this time around (so far)

White Lily said...

Oops! I inadvertently deleted the email with the link to the spreadsheet, so I don't know how to access it to record my points for the week...