
Wyatt has decided he's done w/ diapers. -At least during the day. It has been really fun helping and encouraging him through this next step. He is doing so well! Wow- this summer is going to be AWESOME - no more diapers!
My three-year-old never ceases to amaze me. His little brain processes so much! I don't even know if that's the right way to put it. Let me prep. He got in trouble -time out- (5x) today at preschool for hitting (not even going to elaborate, but I hope this has never been a problem before).... Later in the day he was taking a bath w/ Wyatt and they were splashing up a storm and so I was telling Brock that his actions were telling me that he was done, so if he kept splashing he would have to get out. He looked at me and smiled and said, "Okay, Michelle" (his teacher's name!) I just looked at him... No way was this 3-yr. old being sarcastic!? Then I played dumb and asked him what that meant. Wow. Seriously? I mean -was that just a fluke? But earlier in the day he did another something- a pretty mean, devious something and it made me think -this kid is going to need special attention. Kinda makes me nervous. I just need to know how to modify these behaviors now so I'm not dealing w/ this on a full-blown scale w/ a hormonal teenage boy. *scary* And then - tonight he is so sweet and such a big helper in the kitchen cooking dinner and later comes and snuggles up to me and asks if he can sleep w/ me. (Dad is working) You know what -to be honest I think all of this has to do w/ attention....
Bodie went to wrestling tonight for the first time- A friend on the fire dept. picked him up and took him w/ his little boy. He had the best time and was so excited to tell us all about the moves and the holds and how they jogged in a circle and backwards. And I loved hearing him on the phone w/ Jess. Priceless. If anything, this kid needs to get that kind of energy out every night -he is wound so tight- not in a bad way, he just is like the energizer bunny. It'll be fun to go and see him for myself next week and see what it's all about... I don't know how 'serious' it is, but I'd say pretty perfect for him since all three of the boys wrestle all day every day. Man.



6 comments:
Don't worry. It's not a constant problem. Today was just a bump in the road:)
I think Wyatt looks like a little fetus....only big! I agree...I think Brock just needs a lot more attention than the other two need....plus we need to work with him on the fact that hitting doesn't give him what he wants....I don't think J. paid anymore attention to what Brock was saying to him...since he was probably crying....poor J. With Brock's mind maybe we could work on empathy....who knows but he is also sooo sweet and we will build on that!
I'm so jealous that Wyatt is done with diapers during the day. Rowan is just now starting to show interest, but is completely inconsistent with it. I'm ready to be done with diapers! (The cost AND the mess!)
I think Bodie would be a great wrestler..tons of energy and enthusiasm.
I could see while he was here that Wyatt was getting ready to be rid of the diapers :). I'll bring his socks and shorts up tomorrow.
You're part way there with Brock when you are able to recognize a possible POTENTIAL challenge and realize the sooner addressed, the greater the chance for success. Plus, you've got a wonderful support system with in-laws, parents and friends to help with loving the little guy. Love you!
Wow - Wyatt is potty training! I feel like it will be many months before Griffin will catch on to it. Go Wyatt! Brock makes me laugh. Bodie wrestling - how cute is that! I bet he loves it. You've got your hands full girl! But you handle it so well. BTW, I couldn't stop laughing at the pic of Bodie hanging on the hook. So funny.
Potty training wears a kid out and a mom out!
Post a Comment