
(wearing the earings Jess brought back for me)
"I can't wait to talk to you about your trip." I told Jess as he was getting ready to leave for work. It was quiet and dark -the morning light had not yet come through the bedroom window. And the kids were still slumbering...
He kinda smiled as he reached for the moleskin travel journal I gifted him for Christmas. (thanks be to Ryan for the idea) "This will tell you more than I will probably be able to." Which is so true. Getting that kid to open up is like trying to get miss piggy into a pair of skinny jeans... it just doesn't happen.
How happy am I that he actually wrote in the thing and enjoyed the process!! Boy did he write! More than 2 dozen pages were filled in his script.
I curled up this afternoon, hot chocolate in one hand, the journal in the other, reveling in the details of his trip. mmmmm. It was nice. It makes looking through his pictures that much more fun. Now I can't wait to really talk about his trip with him...maybe Tuesday night.
*
The boys and I were actually early for church, which is a miracle. We still have the 9:00am slot, and apparently always will... Which I really prefer, but man a year of 11am would be a nice break! Being able to pull my hair back in a bun now sure helps shave off several minutes. And cold cereal!
I was in charge of Sharing Time for jr. primary. Oh, it was a DISASTER!!! How could I forget I was teaching 3-6 yr olds???? What I had prepared was definitely for an older age group. And I tried to involve my class -but we had no time to prepare before hand, so it was a little crazy. Sorry kiddos! Ohwell. I don't think they really cared. BUT. A quote I used that I can't seem to get out of my head -by Ezra Taft Benson... "The most important friendships should be with your own brother's and sister's, and with your father and mother. Love your family."
Time to upload pics off of Bodie's camera...



5 comments:
I hear you! We had church at 1pm, and we just switched to 9am, and the building is about 20 minutes away. Looks like I will be wearing a lot of ponytails and buns this year! :)I have been trying to get Pres to journal on his deployments for years!!! That is awesome that Jess did. I will keep trying to convince Preston to keep a journal. In a year...it is so hard to catch up on the separate lives we have been living. :( A journal would be so nice! I journal for him through the family blog.
L-O-V-E the earrings!! They are beautiful!
Good job with being early for 9:00 church (I'm jealous--I have the dreaded 1:00 this year!) I'm sure your Sharing Time was better than you think!
sara you are so dang cute!
Sara those are beautiful earrings...I love turquoise on you...!!!! It would be neat if Jess could journal about some of his work experiences too...I think future generations would love to hear about what great grand-dad did.
Love the earings! Godd idea about the journal. Boys are so tricky! I had to teach my first sharing time the 1st Sunday this year and it was rough. I think I made myself sick about it! We moved to 8:30am church which I like afterwards but not a fan of in the mornings! Good job girly!
Post a Comment