Monday, January 12

The last two weeks have been great getting back into a healthy lifestyle, and it's amazing what only 3lbs lighter feels on my body. I can't believe how much better I feel in such a short amount of time. (I haven't made any resolutions for the new year, I just was taking the lead of an older sister who's b-day present to herself was loosing 10lbs...So I thought I'd do the same for myself w/ a b-day in April.)

WELL. Then this came along, and I didn't think there could be a better way to achieve my goal! And here she be, in case you want to make a few worthy changes as well! (Starting today, for the duration of 12 weeks) but hopefully by then they will ALL become a part of my lifestyle...truly HABITS)

The 2009 RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE

Daily Habits

1 7 hours of sleep (not necessarily consecutive--naps count too)
2 48 oz. water
3 45 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive)
4 2 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit
5 No soda, beer, unhealthy snacks, or bad fast food
6 No sweets
7 No eating after dinner/8pm (choose which works for you)
8 15 minutes of scripture reading (or other spiritual text if you don't do scripture)
9 One journal entry (any length)
10 Express sincere appreciation or praise to your spouse (if single, to another person)

Note: Sundays are "free" days.

(thank-you Rach!)

11 comments:

Jen-ben said...

I like those Sara, but staying away from beer is going to be really hard for you. Are you sure about that? :)

Barbara said...

Love it! And I am totally going to try it out! Especially the sleeping part! :) If only!

Shauna said...

I want to give myself 10 less pounds for my April birthday, too! I love that list...thanks for the inspiration.

Ella A. said...

I'm doing this challenge, too! I'm determined to win some money! But of course I could benefit with a little less sugar and more fruits and veggies. Good luck!

Mary Taylor said...

I love this. I've been trying to do something very similar to this BUT I did not include sleeping and journaling, great ideas. I love your blog thanks for the tips!!

Jen said...

This is what I was looking for. I didn't get signed up for the contest but a few of us down here are doing the same thing. We are using the same rules too. I loved your kid free post. ALONE time is so wonderful...and you sound like you need it!! I love that we can empathize with eachother. It makes me feel stronger!

sara said...

Jen- Yes - I sooo needed it. And now my cup runneth over. :) Funny how that happens. We'll have to keep tabs on each other w/ the challenge!

Ya Beth! I saw you on there!!! What if there are like 5, or TEN people that have perfect scores/tie??!!

Shauna- we can do it! :)

Mary- It's a good list, huh!?

Barbara- GOOD LUCK w/ the sleep - that is sooooooo hard w/ a new baby -but hey, it says naps count too... :)

Jennifoo- I know, beer is gonna be a toughy!

The Caputo Family said...

You rock Sara! : )

melinda said...

"No" is a big word to put in front of "sweets"

Seriously though, this is a great list!!

Jessie Brown said...

Im so glad you included the NO BEER. That is going to be a hard one Im sure.

sara said...

It's not my personal list -just one I'm following...hence the beer.