Sunday, November 16

What happened to my 4 (just about 5) year old?? Or is that just it...he is almost 5? Or maybe he is in preschool and picks things up from other kiddos?? Or....?

I just gave Bodie and Brock a dum-dum pop...Bodie came back to get a *3rd* one...I told him not right now - maybe tonight... He replied with, "Fine! I am totally out of here!" Earlier at Church I took a toy away because he was being too rowdy and told him he could get it back if he calmed down...I was met with "Fine! I'm leaving then!" Last night though...my jaw about hit the floor... I was getting the boys ready for bed. Bodie didn't want to lay down in his bed - he wanted to sleep in my bed. I told him he needed to sleep in his own bed because I knew if Bodie went to my room EVERYONE would have to. Then he said, "I'm just having a hard time with this!" (props to him for trying to explain his feelings) but THEN he said..."Fine! I'm just gonna get a NEW mom who let's me do what I want!" Of course Brock had to echo "Ya! We're gonna get two new Momma's!" *wha?* I don't even know what I said...something like "sorry you feel that way - that makes me sad." Needless to say, I woke early to find Wyatt and Bodie pushing me off my pillow....
The other day Bodie was riding his bike and I was pushing the other two boys in the double stroller...Brock was telling me to run faster and then he goes: "You're FIRED!" (think Cat in the Hat) Oh man....these kids. and, I just about die when I hear them say: "Are you kidding me?"

+++++++

Jess headed off to Baja on Thursday for the pre-run and race (Baja 1000). So far, so good....(here at home and for him). I got a text from him last night. They were just coming into Ensenada after two long, hard days of riding...hopefully I will hear from him today. I so need his listening ear right now and council. I think I need to start making a list of all the little (and big) things that pop into my head to tell him...even if it has to wait until he gets home...(not for another week!) sigh.

How the heck is it already mid-November?? I am still trying to wrap my head around that. Time moves so fast, and the year will be over before I know it...only 6 weeks. SIX WEEKS!

This picture pretty much sums up life at my house this week:


Goals:
-make it through the week
-get some small jobs done

looking forward to:
-visiting w/ friends
-giving my first guitar lesson...I'm pretty sure I will be teaching myself too.
-Seeing my sister and meeting my 1+ yr. old niece for the first time!!
-Having Jess back

7 comments:

Jamelle Kelly said...

I'm getting the same comments from Naomi. I think it's age and hopefully it will pass.

I've been getting a lot of "I guess you don't love me then"

harmon family said...

I don't know how you do it. I watch the clock everyday for CAsey and HATE when he goes out of town, which is rare. Go Sara:)

Ella A. said...

I just got told I was mean for the first time this morning. . . it wasn't fun.

Miss Niss said...

i can't believe some of the things kids will say!! it makes me just crack up!!! although i'm sure it didn't make you feel good that they said they wanted 2 new mama's...hahahaha...it still sounds really funny!!!
hope you get through the week okay w/out your jess...and how exciting for you to see your sister!

Marilyn said...

I am thinking that picture is of Brock using a vacuumn (sp?) on Wyatt's hair....is that right?

They are busy...and they are beginning to think and reason for themselves....but oh, how they interpret things....love it!!

Brittney Smith said...

Oh man, I am sorry. I'm pretty sure they pick up things from other kids. Crew always says, "Aw, shucks!" I'm thinking who says that???

The Dean Family said...

good luck this week sara!! you're so good about doing it by yourself...yup you're a pro!! kids do say some funny things...this morning i was in the bathroom and i turnd the sink on..ella came in and said, "mom, i hear something awful in my room and it scared me"..she went on to explain that when i turn the water on it scares her and that when i shower at night she can always hear the water turn on and she doesn't like it..ha!ha! but that was the first time i've ever heard her say "awful"...anyway you are an excellent mother and when those boys have families of their own one day they'll all realize how lucky they were to have you in their lives:)