Tuesday, November 18

W O W. Nearly two whole days w/out a post from my little fingers. :) I have been keeping busy, and busy is good...

Yesterday I worked on a proposal (work is always good in these times & it's gonna be a fun one!) And I discovered how FUN Facebook is!!! I love getting in contact w/ people I haven't seen in years! Very cool....I just don't like how it tells you every little thing your 'friends' have done or commented on or their friends have commented on...that's weird.

Last night I went to Jen's house...Jess is w/ her husband, John, down in Baja... We thought we'd get our boys together (she only has 5) for some dinner and a little Family Home Evening lesson...
EIGHT boys, and one sweet little baby girl. :) It was fun. I could not get a smile off my face watching all those boys have the time of their lives...Jen's backyard/driveway is AWESOME for riding bikes, and yup, we brought ours! (Even little Wyatt's) I was dying for my camera!!! We made spaghetti, salad & garlic bread which only took about 2 minutes (after we sat down of course, in the other room) to be thrown EVERYWHERE...thanks to my Wyatt for starting it, and McKay having to follow... :) They had a great time, I had a great time, and we 'kinda' had a lesson...I don't think we could've expected much more out of them...it was late -Brock was OUT before we hit the end of their driveway. :)

This morning a 'jam session' was held here - w/ my new-found friend, Michelle, and Ryan ended up joining in. We were able to harmonize on a couple songs I learned and we each played some of our favorites...it was SO MUCH FUN for me.

This afternoon I had a scare...I gave the boys popcicles and off Brock and Wyatt went outside to eat them. The next thing I know (5 min. later) I hear a man's voice (whose I recognize) and I look out back and there he is holding Wyatt, and Brock is with him...The boys had gotten out our back gate, and headed down the alley to a VERY BUSY STREET, and this man (my angel) saw them and stopped, recognized the rugrats, and brought them safely back. My heart stopped beating and my stomach lurched realizing what could have happened. I was so incredibly grateful that he had been driving by, and also felt like the most irresponsible, worst, (anything negative you can say) parent and incredibly embarrassed. He was so sweet to me, but told me, very father-like, to get a lock on that gate...which there now is. After he left, I dropped to my knees and said a repentant prayer, and one of deep gratitude. SCARY. I am still unsettled about it. Tonight when Wyatt was being a little stinker about going to bed, I just scooped him up and held him tight- thankful that I had him to hold tight...knowing that I could have been in a very different situation. blah! Makes me sick...

Tonight I had every intention of going to bed early (Heaven knows I needed to). But then I picked up Jess's guitar and found myself singing love songs into the computer...

This one is dedicated to my husband...

(Ingrid Michaelson cover..."The Way I Am")


I miss him.

10 comments:

Jen-ben said...

Isn't that the worst feeling EVER!!! So glad he was there to bring them back home!!

Jen-ben said...

p.s. come find me on facebook...and you of course always sound LOVELY singing into your computer!

Jenny said...

As I was listening to your awesome/wonderful/beautiful song, Cedar came in..sat on my lap..then waved to you! So "Hi" from Cedar!

Rachel Clare said...

First, I've loved catching up on YOUR blog. Second, my stomach dropped just reading your email. Maybe it's because Wyatt and Rowan are so close in age- that is so scary. I'm grateful that guy was there!!
Third, I LOVE this Ingrid Michaelson song and can't wait to record together! Let's make it happen. In the meantime, I may try to do a few things on my own, but it will be so much more fun with you!! Calling you today!!

KIMBERLIN 6 said...

What a great ending to your post! Love the song, you sound awesome! So sorry about your boys. I know that feeling... Makes you think twice when you get angry with them, huh?

Kim said...

I LOVE YOU SARA. I wish I had your musical talent...I wish I was more like you & tried harder to play the guitar!!!!!!!! It's a great gift to get to watch you sing. It just iS!!

Abby Runyan said...

I love that song and I love the way you sing it! You need to record it, your so talented.

JoJo has gotten away a few times and has scared us to dealth. It's the worst feeling ever, so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. The worst about your boys wandering off! I'm so glad your angel man found them and brought them safely home. You are not a bad mom. It happens all the time! Cute song, Sara. Can't wait to hear you on the radio someday:)

The Dean Family said...

you are so talented! and i think we as moms all have little scares like that..those types of situations have happened to me too!

Jade said...

I can assure you, it happens to EVERYONE!! At least anyone with children! And I have to say, the Lord was most definitely watching over your boys and you. In part because you are such a dedicated and loving mother. Anyone who has ever met you, seen you with your kids, or even just read your blog can see that. Cute dedication to your hubby!! I love your voice. When will I hear it on the radio??