Saturday, November 1


T
HREE words made my day today...

(2002, San Diego...a time in my life when I noticeably overdid the highlights.)


I. MISS. YOU. (A text I received from Jess.)

We haven't seen each other very much this week....One day and 3 nights to be exact. It melted my heart. There is something about feeling needed by your spouse, which I interpret 'miss' to mean... It's different than saying "I love you." which I would have expected the text to say. And that (miss) was a sweet surprise.

We have been having THE best weather!!! I fear it is on it's way out, but have been loving every minute of it. I spent most of the day outside with the boys. They started their morning out by dancing like rock stars on our friend's trailer that is parked out front. It's a great little holding pen. Then Bodie asked to go to 'the dips', so I loaded the younger ones in the bike trailer while Bodie jumped on his bike and we were off. New and improved jumps everywhere. I took the trailer off my bike and decided to be brave. I had a lot of fun and only 'almost' ate it twice. phew. Not that I jumped anything *plz* I just went down the steep ramps and up the other side...and showed Bodie that he could do it too. After much persuasion, he consented. We started small, then he got pretty brave and said he wanted to go down one of the steeper parts... I was helping him get started and then sent him off with a slight push...*wipe out* He was pretty mad at me. Man, I felt bad -but got him up, brushed the powder-dirt off him and we did it again, this time with no casualties. Brock and Wyatt had a ton of fun getting dirty (it's super fine dirt...kinda hard not to...I was covered too), and Wyatt loved it when I picked him up and ran down the hills and back up. Bodie led the way home. It was a fun bike ride. We got home where the above mentioned text was waiting for me. It's the simple things in life.

I also had fun updating my ipod.... going back to the 90's - I suppose in honor of my H.S. reunion. Gosh- all the mixes I made...on CASSETTE TAPES! Very fun though.... here are a few:

-Stay, Lisa Loeb
-This Womans Work, Kate Bush
-Linger & Dreams, Cranberries
-Killing Me Softly, Fugees
-Closing Time, Semisonic
-Wake up Where you Are, Googoo Dolls
-Mr. Jones, Counting Crows
-Because The NIght, 10,000 maniacs
-Hand In My Pocket, Alanis Morissette
-Crash & Satellite, DMB
-3 AM & Real World, Matchbox 20
-One Headlight & Three Marlenas, The Wallflowers
-Found Out About You & Hey Jealousy, Gin Blossoms
-Crazy, Amazing, Cryin', Aerosmith
-Under the Bridge, Red Hot Chili Peppers
-When I Come ARound & Basket Case, Green Day
-I Try, Macy Gray

(okay, this was a lot...bring back any memories??)

2 comments:

Barbara said...

You guys are the cutest couple ever! So in love...that's awesome!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

oh that was so sweet. we have a cute text thing too. I am a big texter, and pres says his hands are too big and he can't text. so we have a code....he texts me an x which means i love you i miss u i can't live with out u ++ a few hugs and kisses....all that in one simple x