I announced to Jess the other night - "You take care of dinner, I'll do dessert." (I had just acquired new dessert dishes.) He was game.
But he pretty much helped me out too - it was so much fun cooking together. I've noticed over the past year that the boys eat A TON better when I set the table and we all sit down to eat together (as opposed to sitting at the bar, or just feeding them when Jess is working) We talk, and laugh, and enjoy each others company. It really does bring us closer together. There is wisdom in the council to sit down and eat dinner as a family. And what Momma doesn't like to see (all) her boys eat?? (Compliments to the chef, no?)
First attempt at making 'hot chocolate' souffle' - Yummy. Definitely will be fun to experiment with different recipes.
Goals this week:
-Get the Halloween costumes started, and hopefully mostly finished. We'll see. I think the last time I used a pattern for something was in 7th grade home-ec class...for the ugliest pj shorts...that were red w/ dalmations on them.
-Two words. my bedroom. ugh.
-Get my hair cut (find someone to cut it!)
Looking forward to:
-Going to South Dakota with Jess. It's gonna be a BLAST! And hopefully not too cold. :)



3 comments:
these look great! The play was fun you should take Bodie a little long but still cute!
these look delicious! i need to get this cook wear (sp?)....i've seen them before at safeway believe it or not..next time i think i'll pick them up!! i'd love the recipe...children are the best..and i just love your kids your blog makes me smile 'cause i can tell you're such a good mom to those boys! they're so lucky to have you!!! they also remind me a lot of my 2 nephews (one is ella's age and his brother just turned 5)...so i tell josh's sister about your boys and it gives her some normalcy:)...i think all boys are the same..simply boys! and i just love it!
How do you get your pictures to look so professional? I would love to have some tips!
Post a Comment