The boys were riding their bikes the other day while we were all outside...
Right after I took these pictures of Brock "looking both ways" I thought of my own childhood...again.
We were living in York, Pa. I was 3-4. I had a pretty cool pink 'big wheel' that I loved to ride. My Grandpa was visiting and taught me the importance of 'LOOKING BOTH WAYS' when crossing the street. Never fails - every time I tell my boys to look both ways - I think of my Grandpa. :)
My Grandpa is in his 90's. You might see him in the mornings at the Superstition Ranch Market. in Mesa, where he 'works'. (It was my Uncle's store, and now my Aunt runs it...lots of memories of being at the store when little too!) But anyways - my Grandpa likes to help bag groceries and bring in the carts. Tell him 'Hi' if you see him! I should really visit him. He and my Dad joined us for Thanksgiving at my in-laws in 2006 (I was pregnant w/ Wyatt). That was really, really nice to have them there. My relationship with my Dad was strained in my pre-teen & teen years, and as a result, I grew further from his immediate family...so it's good to have those moments to 'connect' again, especially with my Grandpa.
Goals This Week:
-Keep on top of the Laundry. Yee-ha!
-Get to Spinning class.
-Get some wedding gifts taken care of!
-Eat lots of veg-e-ta-bles!
-Continue to read the BOM & pray w/ Jess every night (We've been doing good!)
-Send my Grandpa a card -maybe w/ a picture in it...maybe that one pictured above.
Looking Forward To:
-Dinner w/ a friend
-A bridal shower
-Helping out in Bodie's class! (fun!)



4 comments:
I love the 4-generation photo. That's a keeper! I'm sure your grandpa would love a copy of it, and a note that you're thinking about him. He knows you're a beautiful woman, and he's proud of you I'm sure.
Way to go grandpa! I can't believe he's in his 90 and still "working"! That's great. Of course he thinks you are amazing, who could know the tiniest bit of you and not?
The post with your elementary picture is probably one of my favorite posts EVER!! I cannot believe it. First of all A TAIL and second that's just crazy how much you guys look alike, SO CUTE!!
it is hard to keep in touch w/ grandparents..i'm not too good at it..those photos below of you and bodie are so funny..you guys look so much alike!...love the sky photos .beautiful!!!
This post made me smile. I have been wanting to find a great Farmers Market here in the valley and hadn't until someone posted about the superstion ranch one and I just went. I will look for your Grandpa next time I go:)
Post a Comment