This is my 1st grade picture. Oh, the memories it brought back... and the questions! I went to Irvine Elementary in Mesa that year -we had just gotten back from 2 years in Pennsylvania. I loved my Punky Brewster shoes, watching 'Sleeping Beauty', riding my bike down our quiet street, petting the horses, visiting neighbors (I was kinda weird this way) & climbing and playing house in the pine tree out front. I was pretty content on my own.
What you can't see in this picture is the back of my hair... For whatever reason, I wanted a 'tail' *shudder* and my sweet Mother obliged. Why, why did my sweet Mother let her child, #1 have this hair cut, but more importantly a T A I L????? Mom? :)
I showed Bodie my picture and asked him who he thought it was. "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!" He responded. I sat there, remembering how I was mistaken for a little boy in the grocery store. -I even remember thinking, "Hello, can't you read my shirt??? It says my name, SARA, on the front!" My poor self!
The next day I asked Bodie who he thought the picture was of, and he looked at it and said, "Meeeeeee!" Besides the dress, how could he not think that? We have the EXACT same hair - right down to how the bangs fall. w o w.
Ummm SAME eyebrows too! craziness.
I just took another -'recent' picture....I think he's looking more like Jess. :)




9 comments:
You and Bodie DO look a lot alike. That is so neat.
I had a punky "shag" about the same age -maybe third grade. It was the Brady Bunch mom's weird short on top, long wisps along sides and back thing.
MOM!!!!!!
OK you guys... cut a little slack here.... See if your kids don't fret about how they looked (or what they wore) as kids once they become adults! Styles come and go, just focus on the face!!!! You all turned out great in spite of how I dressed you, or cut your hair. ;) Love ya. mom
thanks for bringing back some good memories. that is how i remember you as a kid to the T. Love ya!
:) Love ya, Mom! We survived. I know - I look at the boys all the time and think -Wow. Now I get it! :)
Dene'- I will forever have the picture of you in 'timeout' engraved in my memory! :)
WOW! Where have I been. YOu have lots of updates. I'm laughing at your hair mostly that you had a tail, but don't worry at age 3 my mom permed my hair so we could have matching hair. I'll have to post a picture some time. It was NOT CUTE! YOu are Bodie really do look alike. I'm wishing I lived in flag with that sky, missing living in a small town. Freaking about the stab wounds to your couch, and marveling how well you took it. Also obessessing about NieNie. Miss ya
that looks more like the Sara I remember:)
Wow, you do look a lot alike. That's hillarious about the tail! Gotta love the 80s...was there ever an uglier fashion time? But it's still a super cute picture. I agree with your Mom- focus on the face! That's what I tell myself about my old pictures. :)
oh my goodness!!! How sweet! He looks so so much like you!
i looked at your blog right away.. i know this is an older post. It is funny, but there must have been something about the 80's and a lot of moms giving their girls short hair. i think my hair was pretty short from the 2nd grade (afro) to the 5th grade. I even had a mullet for about 30 seconds when i got my hair trimmed. i told my mom I wanted it long, so they left the back. I had enough style in me to tell them to cut it off.
Post a Comment