Sunday, September 28

I took down Wyatt's crib today. It kinda made me sad... It's been up for nearly five years. I'm not ready to feel like that chapter is over for me. Not quite yet. And taking down the crib makes it feel that way. Our neighbors had a twin bed they were trying to get rid of, so we took it off their hands. I think I'm gonna try to get it painted tomorrow. We'll see! So tonight, my sweet Wyatt is sleeping on a 'big boy' bed. (Well, just the mattresses) He was happy about the change. He is growing up too fast.

I was released as Nursery Leader and am sad about it - I never really got to say goodbye to my kiddos or tell them I was leaving! (Like they're not going to be OK or something!) I'm sure they won't really notice...I was planning on giving them each a cupcake pop...but then I thought I'd be in Nursery a bit longer, and I gave them to other peeps (and my own peeps, and me)....
Jess and I got put in as the CTR 6 teachers. We have some rowdy boys, so we feel fit for the job!!! And how much do I love primary? Singing time has always been my favorite!

I went to the RS General Broadcast last night with some ladies from my Ward. It was great. Some things that stood out to me from Elder Uchtdorf were the healing powers of service. -To have a loving and caring heart. That it's not always about taking care of yourself first, but to serve others...He said something beautiful to the effect that: 'Those who bring sunshine to others bring it to themselves". I think I need to put that quote up in my home! And then something else about -"the number of prayers we offer (something, I can't remember)..., however the number of prayers we answer maybe of greater importance"...

From the General RS Presidency I loved learning the background of Relief Society -it gave me a different outlook. (It's not just a class we go to on Sundays...It's the Lord's organization for women.) I loved how Sis. Beck asked her Mom "Who will be my Mother while you're gone?" and her Mom looked at her and said, "Relief Society will be your mother."
Sis. Allred's example of getting to the Mesa, Az temple was very touching...A 5 day journey ONE way...and the monetary sacrifice it entailed for many of the saints. It made it seem like our 2 hr. drive to Snowflake is really nothing. Nothing.
And then Sis. Thompson - She said something to the effect that: If we live up to our capabilities/potential, angels can not be constrained at being our associates. I thought that was neat... Maybe that's another one..."Live up to your potential."

Goals this week:
-Plan and execute a morning routine.
-Paint Wyatt's bed
-Do something nice for someone(s)
-Work on converting my blog to book form (Are there any others beside blurb? I'm in a rut.)

Looking forward to:
-Marilyn coming up to make cookies w/ the boys tomorrow. Fun!!!
-Brock's field trip to the Firehouse. (I'm sure he'll still have fun -It's been a while since he's been. I wonder if he'll act like a know-it-all....
-My sister Kim's gallery show on Thursday. She's awesome.
-General Conference!!!

1 comment:

melinda said...

Yeah, wasn't the women's conference amazing. I was pretty much crying the whole time. Then when I got home and told Tyler about it, I cried all over again. Then, reading your post, guess what? I cried AGAIN. It was very touching and uplifting. And, my temple trip is only about 1 min. and it still seems to be difficult to get there as often as I should. Oh hum.

CTR 6 is the calling now huh? How fun. We have the CTR 7 and they are WAY fun. I always love the primary. Enjoy your new calling!