Here is Bodie and Emma (the girl across the street that the boys have been playing w/ lately) eating snow peas from the garden. Do you see my tomato plants on the left!? They are going crazy!! I just hope the little guys turn red before it gets cold! :) Having a garden has been very enjoyable.
Well, life throws curve balls - doesn't it?? We have had a few recently (starting w/ Jess's injury) and I feel like I have been able to deal with them all really well. But man, I really don't want to know what's at the brink of 'being able to handle' for me...Because we're all only given "what we can handle", right? Sunday was such a great day at church. I felt the spirit so strongly. The testimonies that were born strengthened mine - and I actually was able to make it to Relief Society and the lesson was so great. Something that stood out was that we are all dealing with our own trials, our own agonies....What may not be a big deal for you, may be HUGE for someone else. I guess it made me think how important compassion is, and to 'bear one another's burdens'.
Time to take care of 'life' and all that that little word entails!



7 comments:
You're amazing and can handle anything! Beautiful yard!
satisfying, gratifying...simple things like a growing garden, the joy of seeing the fruits (veggies) it brings forth...makes life's challenges a little easier to bear. Love the green of the yard...looks very inviting. When are you coming to visit??? mom
Hey Sara, I just looked at your blog tonight randomly and saw what happened to your husband. I am so sorry, the pain he must have felt I can't even imagine, and the worry and stress you must have been going through...oh so hard. I am glad to hear that he is recovering well and that life is coming some what back to normal for you. You guys seem like an amazing couple and family.
Well, it's true that we are given only what we can handle unless it kills us -cause it killed us, or unless it makes it makes us go insane...
My point being, I'm not too fond of "God only gives us what we can handle" because truth is, people need help when things get to be too much. We can lean on each other, thankfully.
So, much more has been going on for you than I realized, if Jess's injury was just the beginning of many challenges for you. I should call you again? -Kim
Kim - I had to smile at your first paragraph. Yes - thankfully we have each other to lean on - I didn't mean to imply that God only gives us what we can handle on our own...I do whole heartedly believe we need each other to get us through rough patches...
Yes - Jess's injury was just the BEGINNING - but I am already making it through...and it doesn't seem as bad as it was...I think time does that. thanks.
Thank you so much Shannon!
Amen, Sara! O I love the look of your yard. WOW, lots of love and work went into it I can tell. Sometimes I think that I have too much on my plate...too much that I'm not handling very well. It's tough. Thanks for your thoughts.
I agree. It reminds me of the day my brother Ned was driving to dress my dad for his funeral. Someone drove by and flipped Ned the bird. I just know that if that person knew what my brother was dealing with at that moment in his life, he would have been so sad that he did that. I try so hard to remember that when i get annoyed at little things during the day. You never know what someone else is struggling with. Maybe your small act of kindness or your smile will give them a lift, and who can't spare a small kind gesture ?!
Post a Comment