Monday, July 28

...leave a comment on my blog of a memory that you and I have had together. It doesn't matter if you've known me for a short time, or a long time, anything you remember....next, re-post these instructions on your blog and let people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses.

13 comments:

Abby Runyan said...

I dont' even know where to begin. So I'll just make a list...
-Being so jealous of your curly hair in JR high school.
-Watching saturday night live at your dads and laughing forever.
-Loving every sec I got to hear you sing
-Going on the trip to Utah together
You were always so confident and always knew where you going and always accomplished you goals. Your one amazing gal.

Courtney said...

Riding our bikes to school and then going to your house and being so silly, singing and running around acting like goofs. Thanks for the memories. Love ya

debsfreckles said...

I remember sitting at the park and I looked at you sitting there 7 or 8 months pregnant and sitting on your knees and I thought ,"I can't even sit like that when I am not pregnant!" Then I looked at you and your long wavey hair was pulled back in a pony tail and you had this adroable head band on and probably no make up and I thought, "wow, she is a really beautiful woman." That is probably how I will always see you.

Marilyn said...

For any of you that don't know this already...I love Sara! Soon after Jess first brought Sara home we all were down in Cottonwood having a BBQ. When ever one is getting a meal on the table the last few minutes are hectic..rushing food out so it won't get cold, making sure everything gets out..salt, pepper, drinks, etc...Sara was helping me and we were rushing. We just took these big steaks off the grill and were plating them...I don't remember which one of us had the plate with one of the steaks on it, but we bumped it into the tile on the counter and the plate dropped to the floor...it was a beautiful steak...we both looked at each other and said, "5 second rule"...we washed the steak off and served it!...I knew that Sara was a girl I could love...she was down to earth, could handle a crisis and didn't sweat the little things...plus she even liked onions!!! And my prediction was right...I sure do love her!

sara said...

Abby- I am LAUGHING about the curly hair - I've had one too many perms! AND you have the best hair on the planet. The Utah trip was so much fun. That was the funnest night at my Dad's. If only I could find the video from THAT!
Court- Oh, the bike rides!! Hanging out w/ the boys after school. And we always made flat burrito things (um, tostadas) at your house... I also remember 9th grade - the Pommies had a sleepover at your house...dancing to "Groove is in the Heart" THAT was fun! :)
Deb- Wow - that was nice. - It's funny how you'll always picture someone a certain way -I do that too!
Marilyn - I'm pretty sure it was me who dumped the steaks and about peed my pants - I was just so grateful you let it roll like it was no big deal!! I thought the same thing - this is my kind of woman!!!
Onions AND artichokes ;)

mom said...

Way too many memories, but these are the ones that popped up first:

Feeling so bad as you(age 3+)stood by the garage door crying because you wanted to go to school, too.

Riding your bike down the street in York for the first time.

Pomming for Taylor Jr.

Three fender benders (one not your fault) after you started driving.

Watching you run cross country.

Going to get garments on your wedding day and the place was closed!!!

Singing together. (I miss that three & four part harmony!)

Seeing you read your scriptures at night and writing in your journal.

Love you! mom

melinda said...

A few Sara memories...

The first time I ever saw you when Tyler and I were new to the ward (Aug 2000--barely married) and you and Jess sat in front of us and as you scratched his back and I admired your wedding ring which was (and still is) the coolest I've ever seen.

Since that time I have serious memories of all the cute outfits you wore to church every Sunday. It was always exciting to get there and see what Sara would be wearing. You have such a great style.

The first time I went Visiting Teaching to you and I was greeted by Kona and you in hash around clothes, no makeup, a bandana in your hair and all I could think was "SHE IS still SOO CUTE!" and I thought your house was the cutest ever.

The Diviine Modestee part you took me too at Tia's (where I spent more on one single t-shirt than I ever had or have since LOL)

Adventures at the park with the kids while you ate delicious veggie/noodle/EVOO salads. (which I now make and enjoy OFTEN)

Lunch at Amelia's and browzing Shevell's Book Store when you came to town. And HEY when is that going to happen again!!??;)

You rock.

Amber said...

I remember being in the hospital right after Livia was born and you were ready to explode with Bodie and you came and visited with me. I remember telling you all about delivering our first child and how excited we were for you to be doing the same soon with Jess and Bodie. I remember how nice it was of you to come see me when here you were pregnant as could be!

sara said...

Mom-
Oh, the fender benders!!!! You can't really count the house, can you?? Honestly. How did you guys deal?? (SOOOOOOOOOOOOO WELL!) What goes around comes around. I am nervous. (I think we are getting our fair share already though!)
I miss singing too...

Melinda!
I KNOW - I had it in my mind I'd go up while Jess was gone - and then he got hurt...So it will have to be REALLY soon!!! The park days were fun!! And you are way too nice.

Amber - I so remember the hospital. I loved coming to visit. It seems like yesterday -Livia was a beautiful baby...It's hard to believe that was nearly FIVE years ago. Yikes.

Anonymous said...

So many memories with Sara!! Let's see....wanting to hear you sing "All creatures of our God and king" (from Teen Tones) over and over, always jealous of your cute hairstyles, running cross country together, sharing a room on our Senior Cali trip, visiting you when you were at NAU, laughing a lot on grad night, emailing you when you were dating Jess and hearing all the deets about him, listening to your cd over and over in the car and realizing that my friend Sara is amazing!!!!

Jen said...

Your wedding. You were so calm and beautiful. I was in the end stages of planning mine so naturally I was freaked out and you just looked so serene. I chilled out that night and just enjoyed being engaged instead of stressing over wedding plans. You always do that for me (whether you know it or not). You are a good reminder of what is worth worrying about and what isn't.

sara said...

Jen-
That was

S
o
o
o
o

nice. I had no clue - thanks for putting a smile on my face!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

I think of my husband Preston taking you and Becky and Tori to the DAddy daughter thing in Mesa Arizona. Wish I still had a picture of that! :)