Sunday, June 29

Photo of the Week
This picture seriously makes me laugh so hard. I can't get over Brock's expression...well his whole being for that matter. Jess took this on the camp out w/ the Teacher's Quorum a few weeks back. It was nice of Jess to take the boys. I asked him what the kids were doing when he took the picture and he said he had asked them if they were having fun. :)

Church was a doosie! Whew. I have to breathe deeply just thinking about it. I was on my own. :)
But Steve and Marilyn were here (with dinner ready) when we got home and it was all soon forgotten!! It was such a nice visit. Marilyn not only cooked some mean pork chops, summer squash & tomatoes, and corn on the cob - but also brought a 4 berry pie from the farmers market. So delicious! ...a la mode of course. Which makes me think how I have not been to the gym in what feels like forever. hmm.

I did go mountain biking and it was a great experience. I loved the burning feeling in my legs and the feelings of accomplishment as we peaked Observatory Mesa. The trails are endless, and there is so much to explore. Very fun. I am finally shedding the mentality of being too old to try new things! That feels really good.

Bodie is loving soccer. He had his first game Saturday. It was really fun, and only 1/2 hr. so it was perfect! :) They have a good little team. He's also been loving riding his bike. Jess took him to "the dips" - a homemade bmx track that I think has been forgotten about since he was there as a kid. It wasn't in that great of shape. I couldn't stand not being there to watch, so when Wyatt woke up, we drove down there. It was fun...and really dusty!

Earlier this afternoon 2 medical helicopters collided mid air not a mile from here. We were all down for naps, but Ryan said he heard and felt it when one of the helicopters exploded. Jess's crew was just pulling on scene as it exploded. He called me around 5 or 6 just to let me know what was going on. Around 9:30pm or so I could hear the quint pull onto our street and I ran outside to meet them and hand Jess his phone charger. It was a sight to see that engine coming down the dark street, lit up. They are beautiful close up. The door opened and out came Jess. My heart swelled for him - I was glad that he was alright and sorry that he had to work that scene. :( There are so many things he deals with that I don't even know about until it somehow comes up in a conversation and he'll bring up a call he went on. I love him. My heart hurts for those involved in the crash and their families. It is a tragedy for our community - and makes you realize how fragile life is.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Goals this week:
-same as last!
-get a flag for our front porch

Looking forward to:
4th of July!!

3 comments:

The Dean Family said...

i love this photo..SO CUTE!..and it looks like you guys had a blast camping loved looking at all the photos! you're such a good photographer!

Miss Niss said...

AWESOME picture

Josie Allen said...

Oh that looks fun! We have yet to be camping as a family this summer.
I have also been meaning to get a flag for our front yard as well. It has been on my list for a bit too long. Hmm.