Sunday, June 8

I took some photos a few weeks ago, at dusk. I was excited about summer, the coolness in the air as the sun goes down. Boys running and playing OUTSIDE... The end of 'cabin fever'. And then the next day it snowed! But tonight was another beautiful night (and day) and I'm really excited about summer again! I love this photo because for some reason I just think of the movie 'The Sandlot' when I look at it. (love that flick!) We live on our front porch in the summer. - I love sitting out there playing guitar - watching the cars go by, and watching the boys do their thing. They love to bring their meal out and sit on the front steps. I love it too! (hello!)

Today as the boys were napping I walked Jess through making a post on his blog that we set up quite a few months back. He sat there typing for sooooo long - recounting his experience, and adding pictures. It's pretty cool to see him excited about journaling. :) N E V E R thought I'd see the day when he'd actually make a post! I'm still kinda in shock.

Days are flying by! Yesterday morning Bodie came with me on my run - He rode his bike beside me. It threw me back to when I was his age, riding along side my Mom on the canal when she went running. It was like a full circle moment. Very cool. At the end of the run we stopped by the little league fields - A few games were about to get started and Bodie wanted to watch. He was really wanting to play and loved watching the older boys. He told me that "Someday you'll watch me play here Mom." And it just made me think of the fun (and busy) times the future holds for our family. We took the boys swimming mid-day. It was pretty windy & chilly, but it was fun family time! Brock said he wanted to slide down the water-slide, and Jess was a dear and offered to get in the chilly water to catch him...only for Brock to decide he really didn't want to go down it after all. :) I was very happy watching from the sidelines. Something about a Dad playing (swimming in this instance) w/ his kids makes a woman like me fall in love all over again.

Jess made a gate for the side yard. Sweeeet! A hundred times better than the flapping chain-link held up by rope!

Church was good. We have 'instant choir' - since no one makes it to choir practice -So the special musical number was the instant choir singing "I Am a Child of God" -with the first verse solo by a little girl about 5 or so. It was so sweet. Then we have a little paper that tells us when to ooo or awh, when to sing in parts, or unison. Pretty genius if you ask me.

Goals this week:
-Get to bed by 10... *Um. Not happening tonight*
-Keep my kitchen sink cleeeeeeeeeeeean.
-Stay away from the cookie dough sitting in my freezer.
-Get pictures taken of meals for Family Dinners
-Paint my toenails.

Looking forward to:
-Swimming w/ the kiddos
-A visit from Grandma and cousin Ava!
-Father's Day!!!

7 comments:

mom said...

WOW, I get a lump in the throat when I read about your life and thoughts and dreams... Thanks for letting us into your world with your words. See you Wednesday! mom

Marilyn said...

Such a warm, glowing family and home....love the pics

Marilyn said...

I just went to "Family Dinners". Did you take the pictures for their blog?

Tia said...

yah what do you have going for the family dinners. Just visited the site, is it just recipes?

livin' easy said...

I didn't take the pictures that come up when you first get to the site - but I take the pictures for their Monthly menus. (click on Menu at the top of the site and they will come up) So I get to test all their meals. You basically can order meals or prepare them in the store so they are ready to freeze or cook at home.

livin' easy said...

okay - I'm signed is as jess!

Cassie Simonton said...

I love your journaling...I hope its ok that we all read! You are inspiring!