
It's been quite a hellish day for me and I'm ready for it to be over quite frankly! I'm trying(unsuccessfully)to find the humor in everything...
I love you best when you're asleep.
When I can sit and rest my feet.
I was thinking this while driving home from church...kinda sad, but that is how I am feeling today...as well as guilty for letting a few silly things get the best of me... i.e. strawberries all over white Sunday shirt right before getting out the door, running through sprinklers in Sunday best (after being changed), 3 rowdy, loud, full of energy boys to 1 helpless mom in church, meltdowns, kids throwing food, & finding dog vomit E V E R Y W H E R E (8 places to be exact)upon getting back from a LONG exhausting morning. That was my breaking point. I felt like curling up in the fetal position, and crawling under the covers never to return... but there was vomit to clean up, and kids to feed and put to bed. So, procrastinating the inevitable, I called my husband at work to give him the 'what for' about having a dog which was clearly a mistake because the last thing I wanted to hear was "It's not her fault for eating a whole bag of dried fruit and getting sick." ?? seriously? *steaming*
Somehow, miraculously, I saved myself from eating a carton of ice cream to numb the pain and gulped down a glass of water instead...okay, after I had an ice cream cone. The point is this. Some days are just a heck of a lot better (or worse) than others...sigh. And some days I'm able to handle things much better than others...and today wasn't a "handle things better day". :( Excuse me while I scrape myself off the floor of self pity.
* * * * *
On a lighter note! Being Mother's Day, I've been reflecting on the lovely ladies that are Mothers in my life.
I often think back to the years when I was a young girl, about 3-6...and about my Mom. I am the youngest of 6 kids, and my Mother was my life. When all my brothers and sisters would go away to school it would be me and her...She always called me: 'friend' and she ALWAYS let me have a bite of whatever she was eating. I remember in grade school loving when she would come help in the classroom...she was so cute and wore jeans that my chubby little 5th grade legs couldn't fit into. She is an amazing Grandma and puts so much effort into being a part of all her (34) grand-children's lives. She came up to watch Wyatt while we went fishing and DEEP cleaned my whole house...she did all the things that I usually don't get to, like my refrigerator and windows, and my closet!!!! *I am shuddering* I was speechless. I am torn between being deeply grateful and feelings of inadequacy for not being able to keep a sparkling clean house at this point in my life. (But mostly deeply grateful) Thank you Mom!
Then, I have the most kindred spirit in my mother-in-law. I feel so blessed and lucky to have her. She is one of my best friends, and she always seems to know just what I need (or am going to)...even before I do. One year for Christmas she bought me a sewing machine...It took awhile (maybe years?) for me to get it out and start using it- but boy am I glad I have that little machine and that she thought to get that for me. I think it will be the same with the Cuisinart...although I'm sure I won't take years to start using it! :)
I love her to pieces and would be lost without her!
Happy Mother's Day!



7 comments:
I'm thinking Jess gave that to you for M-day. Way to go Jess. Also, loved the pics of the fishing trip it looks like a lot of fun.
sara..you take the best pictures ever..what a fun fishing trip! okay, i was laughing so hard at this post..i'm sorry, i know it was tough on you..i can only imagine..but it's funny 'cause i can so relate..every sunday..ella walks out the front door with her dress ironed, white shoes & bow in her hair..only to trip over all of the slippers in front of the door..and it sends her flying..AND every sunday i swear to myself that next saturday night i will put the slippers away to prevent ella from getting dirty and hair falling apart...and josh is SO MUCH LIKE JESS..it's not even funny...josh would have said/done the same thing..in fact i just went and told josh your stories..and he was laughing 'cause he knows it too...take care sara..you're such a good mom!..& just think 10 yrs. from now you're going to read this and smile:)
Im not sure im laughing maybe because I feel your pain but hey maybe I'll laugh with you in a couple of weeks! I do have to say that I should have sent you my little sheet I filled out for Tim on what my perfect mothers day would be. Sure he hated that I did it, but honestly it worked like magic and everything on there was done! I bet you felt like taking a drink of something else after today :)
Happy Mommy Day! You're inspirational!
Oh Sara...you are my hero. You love my wonderful block headed son, you love my mischievious little grandsons and you are the best mother, wife and daughter-in-law ever. I checked your blog to see if the dish soap incident was there yet...and that tells me that you are still processing it. Two days in a row of messes... frustrations, and then snow...would have put me over the edge...the best thing about days and times like the above is that they do end...usually at the end of the day...this time you just got a double whammy. I hope Jess is behaving....he needs to...either that or he needs to seriously take over the shampooing and send you to have a pedicure and a massage. Even if you don't get those you certainly do deserve them...love you ...bunches!!!!
I agree with Jana, you truly are an inspriation, Sara! Love the fishing pictures, how fun, you guys are the cutest family!
We just drove home from from Utah and drove through Flagstaff- HOLY SNOW!! I thought of you the whole time and tried to image where you live. Next time I am calling you to stop by- for sure. Travis just gets a little uptight on trips and insists on getting to our destination ASAP, so I'm gonna start preping him now to stop next time!
Oh Sara, I am deeply sorry. I feel your pain. I wish I lived closer to help you out.
Post a Comment