Thursday, April 24

Birthday Happenings
The big TWO-EIGHT

We started out the day making our favorite whole wheat pancake recipe... (Brock asks for them every morning) Dad went off to his final day of class, (5 wk. Hazardous Materials Training) Then I had to run to a job site and bring the boys along...not fun, but what can you do - luckily the issues got worked out pretty quick.
Then, after a 30 min. shower (only slightly exaggerating) Bodie got dressed so he could go to the doctor... He'd been complaining of an ear ache. Poor kid had a ruptured ear drum and an infection in the other ear.
I'd say, however, he's taking it like a champ - he seemed to feel better after we went to the doctor, because "Doctor's help people feel better" he told me.
Brock fell (which isn't unusual), but this one was pretty good -of course I couldn't find any band-aids because these boys hoard them in their pockets and then they are lost. So we went to plan 'B' and made our own.
All better. Band-aids magically help kids feel better too.
This kid is something else.
Looking pretty good for having ouch-y ears!Jess got home early, so we went to the athletic club together - that hasn't happened in awhile - It was fun working out together!
We got a babysitter and Jess took me to a restaurant I've been wanting to try that's close to where we live -It would be really nice to walk there when the weather get's a tad-bit warmer. The food was quite amazing - very flavorful, everything was great besides our drunk waiter!!!
The boys were OUT when we got home, so Jess and I had a quiet evening eating cake and watching LOST. (kinda sad though - it would've been fun to have them up for cake)Jess got me a cake from Cold Stone - really sweet of him - but seriously. Sometimes I question if he really knows me or not! (I'm a chocolate girl!!!)Not that I didn't eat it!

8 comments:

Shauna said...

Happy birthday! Ours are close...mine was yesterday. You look cute as always and the cake looks good even though it's not chocolate :)

melinda said...

Happy Birthday! You are beautiful

Poor Bodie:( Glad he is feeling much better though!

[dene'] said...

Happy Birthday Sara! The cake looks kind of chocolate...what was it other than ice cream? ...is favorite right? [smile]

[dene'] said...

I meant to write HIS favorite...I know that JEss loves ice cream!

Jana said...

HAPPY HAPPY DAY! Cake does look yum! I hear ya on the choc. but I'm never one to refuse any cake!!!Poor Bodster!!!

sara said...

Dene- It was a Strawberry Cake, Although it does look like red velvet or something. I guess it worked out good 'cuz I only ended up eating one piece instead of 5!

Marilyn said...

Sara, I am the worst...I love you bunches and didn't call you on your birthday....Bad MIL!!!!!

I love the way you have redone your blog...the colors and the pictures....it kills me that Bodie is growing up soooo fast...wait til Auntie sees the new postings...she is going to cry!!!

Marnie said...

Sara, I hope your birthday was great! The restaurant looks fun. And the cake....pass it over this way. Looks like something I'd pick. :)