#2 - Not getting new running shoes.
#3 - OVER training.
#4 - Getting chubby (over eating)
#5 - Not switching to the 5 mile when checking in. (Although if I had done it I would have regretted it)
#6 - Not charging my IPod - which conveniently died before we even started the race! -That was almost reason enough not to start!
#7 - Not taking care of my I-T band (between your quad and hamstring on the outside of the thigh) - They get tight and strain/pull on your knees.
The first knee started hurting on mile FOUR. Second on mile six... I wanted to cry, throw a tantrum, chop my legs off at the knee... It made for a long, painful race. I would stop every other mile or so and try to stretch it out. The last two miles I basically hobbled into town! It was so nice seeing Jess at the finish line w/ Brock (poor kid was sick all weekend).
This is me SO happy to be done with the wretched race!
This is me SO happy to be done with the wretched race!
It was a beautiful course though, and I was with f u n people - so it was a good weekend. I think Brock really enjoyed some one on one time with me and Jess (when he was feeling good)
and he REALLY enjoyed doing this...
Jess and I had a good (i.e. extremely, thoroughly, decidedly, exceptionally, exceedingly, immensely, monumentally, tremendously, uncommonly, unbelievably, remarkably, eminently, extraordinarily, incredibly, most, downright, terrifically) *breath* time together -it was nice to have him there for support (and to rub my legs), but especially on the car ride home. The conversation never lagged the whole 5 hrs - it felt like maybe 2. Love that kid!
I'm finally able to bend my knees today and walk somewhat normally! :) I can't say I will sign up for another one any time soon!
I'm finally able to bend my knees today and walk somewhat normally! :) I can't say I will sign up for another one any time soon!



14 comments:
sorry your first time wasnt all that great! atleast you finished! yay!! my first one wasnt the best experience either, but, silly me, i am running another one just two months after my first one! in CALI!! atleast you were in some great country and had great company with your men!!
Way to go Sara!! I wish I was there to run it with you. It's always such a happy time to see the finish line and have your family standing there cheering you on. I love the rush of races! You should do the Pat Tillman run on April 19th. It's only 4.2 miles.
So where is Canyonlands? You truly are an inspiration. Everytime I see your active posts, I sincerely want to start running again. We'll see if it ever happens! I love that pic of Brock, he's so cute.
WOW! That sounds incredibly- painfully- fulfilling to run that much! It looks like it was worth it! Sorry about your ipod it really helps keep me on track and my mind off what I am really doing!
Gold stars for hanging in there in spite of the pain and agony. Would that I were made of the same stuff!
Sorry about the cold sores. Thankfully, I've been able to avoid that curse, and Doug said he shared some of his insights with you. Good luck fighting that battle. Love you. mom
Gold stars for hanging in there in spite of the pain and agony. Would that I were made of the same stuff!
Sorry about the cold sores. Thankfully, I've been able to avoid that curse, and Doug said he shared some of his insights with you. Good luck fighting that battle. Love you. mom
YEAH! you did it! :) your awesome girl! i cant believe you did it with out your ipod. mine is on it's last leg and it drives me crazy. i cant change the song. what i hear is what i get! your amazing that you did it without one! WOW! WAY TO GO!
Nat - Moab, Ut...looks a lot like Sedona.
So when I was running, and after the race I SWORE I would never do that again...but I am already thinking about doing it again, but this time taking care of my mistakes.
SOMEBODY SHOOT ME!
You are so my hero Sara!!
You are awesome girl! I was glad to see your cute boys (minus Brock) for dinner with Katie. You are inspirational! You could always do the triathlon race I was suckered into (Iron girl in Las Vegas April 12th)!
SARA AGAIN I AM SO SORRY THAT IT DIDN'T TURN OUT LIKE YOU HAD HOPED. DON'T THROW IN THE TOWEL QUITE YET. THINK ABOUT HOW IN SHAPE YOU HAVE GOTTEN! YOU ARE SO FIT AND STRONG.
HOw did I miss you?!? I was watching! I did the 5 miler, cried half of that time that I wasn't doing the half (literally. Cried.) and my hip held up okay. I wish we could have had 5 minutes to say hi! But hello- there were like a million people there.
Oh well. I may come to Flag and hang with Jamelle sometime this spring. If so, let's get together!
You totally rock.
I'm glad that you're considering another one! I was so jealous to hear of so many book club girls signed up to run. I was resolved to start jogging knowing that all of you in Flagstaff were training for such a big race, but alas, all by myself in Colorado I haven't gone running even once. I am working on getting a partner though so I can start sometime! If you all sign up for anything else, let me know! Way to finish the race amidst so much adversity!
Post a Comment