Saturday, December 22

My Bishop at church worked (he has since changed employment) for the Grand Canyon Railway, and every year would reserve the last three cars on the Polar Express for friends and family. Last night was our night to go... It was so fun getting on the car and knowing every single person on it, most from our ward -It was a big party. I was able to get some tickets for some people in the blogging world. This is me meeting the Mangum's... a sweet, sweet family, and Jordan is even more beautiful in person. I could have stared at her all night!
Wyatt finally calmed down after we added some hot chocolate to his bottle - I guess he was throwing a major fit before I made it on the train. (I think he just was concerned I wasn't there, that's what I am telling myself)
The hot chocolate was yummy - and the perfect temp. for the kiddos
***************************************************************************
And then, THE TRAINED STOPPED AND THE LIGHTS WENT OUT. Apparently, some of the brakes on our car weren't working properly, and we all had to leave the car and find seats throughout the rest of the train. :( How sad. So much for the big party! And I hardly got to talk to Shauna, who was one of my first blogging friends, or anyone else I was able to get tickets for.
Sorry people! -But I can't wait to see your pictures!!
****************************************************************************
So after we found a new place to sit - Brock was being really sweet and cuddly.
Passing by the "North Pole", where we saw Santa in his sleigh, waving at us. -It was neat.
And then the big Jolly came onto our car - Brock was mesmerized, and even ran down the aisle to tug on Santa's coat to ask him a question. Poor Santa didn't know what to do. Brock wasn't too happy w/ me for taking him back to his seat.Bodie with his bell! This year I am determined not to loose them!Our gang. I'm so glad Nana and Papa drove up to come with us!!MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Ya I was bummed we didn't get to talk more! But it was still so cool and I'm so grateful you got us the tickets! We totally loved it. Williams is a cute little city (or town?) You got really good pictures! Kip was taking pictures like crazy so I'm hoping I can steal some of his for my blog. THANK YOU!!!

Rachel Clare said...

I totally miss Flagstaff and the Polar Express. What fun memories! I've not checked your blog for a few weeks- you motivate me to post more! Happy birthday Wyatt! He and Rowan are exactly one month apart. Can you believe it's been a year?!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

oh man I wanted to go on that! My brother and his girlfriend went on it, and got confused and told me that it cost $170 per person, so that kind of scared me away from it. That is so awesome that you and Shauna got to go. I am TOTALlY jealous. It was so crazy busy that I didn't get to see shauna, AGAIN! Glad yall had fun! :)