Leave it to ME to experiment w/ a cake pan 1.5 hr. prior to company arriving. As I put it in the oven I told myself, "Self, that is going to overflow...you put waaaaaaayyyy too much batter in it." But I just ignored myself. I hate it when I do that.

Luckily, I have a fast acting, take charge husband. He cleaned off the spewing batter on the bottom of the oven and promptly put the pan underneath - all while I stood, watched and did nothing but get in the way.

But it didn't matter in the end. Frosting can do wonders. Thank you Nana!

The monstrosity of a cake! Holy cow.

"Happy Birthday dear Bodie..."

The sugar already kicking in...

Wyatt had no qualms eating his first piece of cake...

Opening some presents...

For all those who strongly disagree with letting kids have toy guns. Please stop reading now!

This was a HUGE hit!! Bodie has been taking pictures like a MAD MAN!

Thanks Nana & Papa!

Even Brock got to open a present - Gosh, this would've been a good one on video - the kid flipped when he saw what is was! -More trains! (Bodie got new cowboy boots too - but he's not quite convinced to let go of his old ones!)

To top off the night, we had a little family concert. Brock is singing 'Twinkle, twinkle"

Bodie's turn.

Dad's turn. sigh.

"What Mom? You wanted me to stay in the tub and miss out on all the fun?"


Nana and the birthday boy

Lots of fun!!!
I think Bodie is still on cloud nine.
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Bodie. I was thinkng of you yesterday! Looks like it was an awesome celebration!
Love the train cake!
What a fun time for your Bodie!
sara..i LOVE those photos..so cute! it reminded me of Ella's birthday..Ella was like that too with her presents..she stayed up so late playing with them..and was so excited when she woke up the next morning...i think it's because we don't buy her that much throughout the year..so she was so happy to get toys...are you guys like that too or was bodie just really happy? you have a beautiful family...you need to save broc for ella:)
Danae - yes - we are the same. Even when we ask Bodie what he'd like (for his b-day or Christmas) he thinks and then says, "A present" and then when we ask him what kind of present he'll say "a red one"... :) I think that is sweet. He is happy with anything. I hope he always stays like that!
We need to get our kids together - It has been TOO long since we've been over there! I can see Brock being mesmerized by Ella!
Happy Birthday Bodie!! Your an AWESOME mom Sara...all your kids look like they are having the time of their life!!! Way to go SUPER MOM!!!
Post a Comment