Monday, November 26

I had a substitute teacher today in yoga. As I sized him up, I agreed with myself that he looked the part: kinda hippie-ish - long hair, bandana, chiseled face, loose button-up shirt, gramicci pants, and a stalky sinuous build. Yep. He fit the part. But then he opened his mouth. :( My regular teacher has this soooooooooooooooothing, slow, melodic, deep bass voice. This guy not so much - closer to a tenor. Ohwell. I got over it. He kicked out butts. I almost fell on my face doing this pose:
These next two are some of my favorite poses:

This however is NOT a pose I can do - isn't it BEAUTIFUL?!! Lauhhhhhh! (choir of angels)

This one reminds me of Brittney as a cheerleader doing this on top of someone's HAND! Yep. I still remember that - so pretty too.

What the....
Owee!

Anywho. It was a good class.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could do those poses! I stretched for 6 months,once, to do the splits but never was able to do them. Oh well. Yoga is tough. You go girl!!

Becky said...

oh man! you got me laughing hard on that one! loved all the crazy poses! HOW do they do that! so funny! yoga rocks...pilates is my favorite though!

The Dean Family said...

sara..i know we need to catch up in the blogging world..but is this your christmas tree posted below..'cause if it is it's so gorgeous!!

Tia said...

Yeah is that your Christmas tree? Anyway I need to take a class with you but Im opting for the beginner class on Saturday morning!

Jen said...

I went last night and I only ASPIRE to most of the poses in the class. I love it though. It is much needed quiet.

Miss Niss said...

Yoga is my ULTIMATE FAVORITE!!!!

Cassie Simonton said...

So impressive...I don't think I have bent over to touch my toes in a long time!! I might brake a hip or something! I need to get back to the gym...your my inspiration!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

seriously trying to get into the spin/yoga class here at the gym. I can't be quiet though. I need loud pumping music. When they tell me to relax and close my eyes, I CANT DO IT! I giggle like a little kid! I am going to continue to go because I am going to be able to do EVERY single one of those poses EVENTUALLY! :)

Rachel Clare said...

Sara this post cracked me up- mostly the yoga instructor description and that last pose "What the...? OWeeee!"
I love yoga and totally need to sign up for a class...
It's been too long since I checked your blog! You're so cool.