Saturday, October 27

This week:
Bodie has been playing with this race car...He's obsessed. Notice the glow sticks he so skillfully tied to the...spoiler(?) And how does he sit like that? ouch. I think he gets that from my Mom.
We made cookies for visiting teaching - THIS recipe. They were good!!!
The boys had fun helping. Baking helps 'pass the time'.
Tonight Brock informed me that he had to "go to a fire." The boys are hilarious. They will take their fire trucks and go around the house 'putting out fires' and 'help people'.He got some bag full of stuff, his pillow, and his trusty hose.
This was him telling me "Don't worry Mama" He was pretty determined to go, somewhere. (and so was Wyatt - luckily I put the camera down and picked him up before he could roll down the steps!) Somehow I convinced Brock to come back inside, and then...
Papa was in town, and stopped by for a quick visit! (Bodie was passed out on the couch!)

10 comments:

Rachel Clare said...

I love the fire toys you've created (the hose specifically!). How sweet that those boys want to be just like their dad. I love it.

The Dean Family said...

oh your boys are too cute..love it that broc likes to go to the fires..and i love his hose! that's so nice that their papa can pop in like that..i would love that:) oh and your halloween treats for your familes are so cute...gotta do that tomorrow:)

sara said...

I'd like to take credit for the fire hose - but Bodie made it in pre-school after his class visited the fire station. Cute huh!? Ya - both of them wanna be just like Dad.

Mumsy said...

I'm so glad you liked the cookies, Sara!

[dene'] said...

your house looks like fun. I'll have to try the cookies. Sinner

Anonymous said...

What great things you do with your kids. How cute for them wanting to be like their Dad, putting out fires and helping people. I love the picture of Steve with the boys they all look so happy to see eachother! That is so nice!

sara said...

Dene! What can I say - I'm finding that I turn to food for comfort. *scary* C'mon - who doesn't do that!?

Lindsey - I can't say I did ya proud -Mine looked nothing like yours do -I knew I shouldn't of added all the flour...what can ya do. Like I said - they were still good...no complaints from the peanut gallery.

sara said...

They were still really soft!!! I just had to make sure everyone knew that.

Kim said...

That looks good. You packaged them so nicely!!! Dene makes me laugh. I can hear her saying, "SIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNER."

Marnie said...

Fun cookies! You're so festive. And I love that your boys act like firemen. They must have a great daddy that they want to be like when they grow up!