Thursday, October 25

Jess is in San Diego with all that's happening with the fires. He went to Baja for a little over a week, came home only to go back to work for two days (straight) and then got called out for the fires. So, I have seen him for a total of EIGHT hours in the last 2 weeks, and have been a one-woman show for the rest of it...and who knows how much longer he'll be gone. I have had a really good attitude, and have been really proud of myself at how well we've managed. But now, I am officially starting to loose it... Two weeks must be a breaking point for me. I should take a nap.

12 comments:

Rachael said...

I wondered if he'd end up over there. I don't know how you do it. Once again, you're just wonder woman!

Becky said...

oh man! i am so sorry! that SUCKS! i cant imagine doing it solo...and i only have one little person to chase around! you rock! Hang in there girlie!

Iliana said...

I would've broken after day 2. You seem amazing. Its okay, crying helps :)

Fauset Photography said...

Hang in there girlfriend! I bet you guys appriciate eachother so much after being apart for so long! You're amAzing!

sara said...

You know what - I haven't shed tears yet! I take that back - I did right before he left. But I am doing much better. I've found a good workout and Yoga can work miracles! Thanks everyone for the sympathy though!

Kim said...

I bet you just crave QUIET. Are you staying up late to get it? That's what I do. :(

[dene'] said...

So sorry sara. It's tough and you have had it tougher than anyone I know. I wish I was there to hang out with you and keep you company. on a good note, I got your CD and it rocks. I love listening to it in the car and even Thomas wanted me to replay the "pretty" song.

Anonymous said...

You are a strong women to be able to hold down the fort for 2 weeks! I start to crumble after 8 hours so you are a great example to me!

sara said...

Yes, too late Kim!! However, I need some serious beauty sleep!

Dene' - you got it already!? That was FAST! Yay! I'm glad you like it...& Thomas too!!!! :D I still think you guys need to move here - 10yrs or not!! :)

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

Getting enough sleep is the key I have found! Yet still..... I can't manage to get enough sleep. :)

Marnie said...

Sara, every time I hear about a fire I always wonder if Jess is there- like this past summer the whole state of Idaho was on fire basically and I wondered if he might be in my neck of the woods. I hope that all is well and you are the WOMAN! It ain't easy holding up the fort single-handedly!

Jenny said...

We really need to get together Sara. Corey was home for a total of about 30 days this whole summer. And he will leave again in a couple days for 4 days, home for 2 then gone again for 4. Yikes. I understand. Completely...and totally. Chin up, sweet Sara.