We also got this nifty color coded chart to remind us of what we've learned...so cool!
During the class, one of the couples brought up this workshop they went to about the 5 languages of love - and how each person 'speaks' their own language...(Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving of Gifts, Acts of Service, Physical Touch) They said there was a quiz online to see what yours were.... Anyways - Jess and I took the quiz - very INTERESTING and fun and insightful. I was happy he decided to amuse me by playing along!! My top languages were: Quality Time & Words of Affirmation, and Jess's top languages were Words of Affirmation & Acts of Service. I think this is pretty much right on!



7 comments:
Such cute pictures of your boys. Joseph has that shirt too about good looks from his Dad. Way to go on the parenting class, I should take one but then I'd be depressed on how bad of a mom I am. miss ya
girly girl! I can't tell you how much that book helped me and Pres! I read it, and wrote my thoughts in the margins, then mailed it to him in Afghanistan. He read it and wow! We learned a lot about each other. We are same as you and Jess, exactly! I recommend that book to everyone I know. I just got the children's version!
Good job with the completion of your class! It is great to be directed in the right way on how to teach and deal with little ones.
Katy- I love that you did that!!! I haven't read the book - but now I know I need to! Just taking the quiz was very insightful -knowing how your spouse feels loved so you can show them! BTW, I am SO excited for you in a few more weeks!! ahhh!
Abby! Not so! But I know what you mean.
I am so excited you mentioned that book b/c it will a book club book later this year... all the girls are going to bring their husbands so we will have a "joint" session...
woah - now THAT could be interesting!! I'll have to mention that to my book club! Way cool - you'll have to post about it!!! :)
I love the Love Language book! It's so insightful. By the way, I totally copied the Parenting "cheat sheet" you posted! I hope that's okay!
Glad you enjoyed your class so much!
Post a Comment