In the class we discussed:
Changing our beliefs on why children misbehave, and figuring out what they are really trying to communicate.
Instead of trying to CONTROL their behavior, find ways to make the child feel loved, powerful, and that they have a place.
We do this by having genuine encounter moments - basically being connected with our children and taking time to have meaningful, sincere 'moments' with each child.
We also talked about CONSCIOUS parenting, birth order, what to do when children are fighting, how to create a win/win negotiation, reasons not to spank, and ways to nurture onself (101 to be exact).
Great class.
Go here: http://www.incaf.com/aboutRCBbook.php to check out the book we are reading.
And for some great articles go here: http://www.incaf.com/articles.php
Happy parenting! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
The links didn't show up. It sounds great, I really want the links!
:)
love this sara..you need to write after every class..i would really like to attend a class like this..thanks for sharing.
I so need that class right now. Do you recommend the book as much as the class?
Who is teaching the class or rather where are you taking it from???
Shauna - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm only on the 2nd chapter and it has been really great. I think even reading the book alone would give you the boost you need.
Dene' - go to www.incaf.com - (International Network for Children and Families) there are links to find an instructor near you. I found out about it through a friend.
I'm ordering that book today... it's only $10 on Amazon ($15 on INCAF). Too bad I don't have an instructor nearby!
Post a Comment