9:00ish. Gave the boys haircuts. It was kinda spur of the moment, but turned out pretty good! Not bad mama, not bad. :)
11:00 am. Took the boys to the club, where I had my hip hop class. I haven't been in at least a month. So it was a scary site. It was like my first day all over again. My poor instructor. He was probably thinking "This frumpy mama shouldn't miss my class, she is digressing majorly!" :) He was very patient. Although to my credit, I learned what the class has been working on the last three weeks - however scary it was. I just don't quite have the moves/style. I'm sure I'm pretty entertaining to watch though. ohwell. It is FUN. :)
I just found this picture on the web - It made me smile. I'm feelin' ya ladies! Work it! Awhile back my mother -in-law suggested that for a post I put a clip of myself dancing in my class! whoa, now. WHAT!? I told her NO WAY. Although it would be very comical and entertaining, I would be utterly embarrased! :)
1:00 (or so) Met with some roommates from the college days -Rachel and Amber, at Amber's house. Rachel was in town visiting with her new little baby boy. (well, who is now 6 mo. -same as Wyatt) Very fun, but too short of a visit! It was nice to catch up. It had been a long time!
Rest of the afternoon nothing special. Just worked around the house - It takes me forever to clean because I get distracted so easily. For example - well, never mind. That can be a whole other post!!! And a funny one at that - so stay tuned.
7:00-ish I took our dog, Kona on a run. (Yes, I AM signed up for the Imogene Pass run that I posted about earlier, and am still 'training'; however I use that term very loosely!) Anyways, it has been YEARS since I've taken her on a run. She looked like she could use a pick-me-up, though, so I invited her along. She was very happy to oblige. We enjoyed ourselves. I was delightfully surprised. Previous attempts of taking her running were less than enjoyable, but tonight she was a great running partner. Yes. Establishing myself as 'pack leader' really does work. Thank you Cesar Milan. :) (The Dog Whisperer is a facinating show, by the way, for all of you that have a pet dog) We cheered each other on up and down, over and through the beautiful trails and streets of this cute lil' mountain town. Not to mention the scenery was especially beautiful with the sun setting! Thank you Kona girl! To many more runs to come! I like this picture of her. She looks deep in thought. :)
MY SAVING GRACE:The foam roller. I would NOT be able to run if it wasn't for this baby. Love, love, love this piece of foam. Do you roll? You may just want to think about it. :)
UPDATE: For Katy and anyone else who'd
like to know how it works. This is how I use this bad mamajama. I start like this, and then 'roll' it down SLOWLY to my knee, and then back up my thigh, lot's of times. It hurts. But that's why you have to do it, until it doesn't any longer. You can feel the muscle release. For more info on rolling, click this link,
http://www.power-systems.com/news/01_26_06.aspx?src=RSS
there is a link at the bottom of the page to view pictures and exercises as well that is really helpful. (it's where I got this pic.) Good luck! I hope this helps!! (You can also type in "foam roller" in your browser if you want to learn more)



14 comments:
Love this post. Saw Jen's the other day- I think I'll do one tomorrow. I've been trying to find Amber for a while now- how can I get a hold of her?? Does she blog? Tell her that I want to meet up sometime!
Oh, and what's with the foam? Do share.
Rachel
oh my. Jen's post was AMAZING and fun!! I loved it!
Foam rollers are used for self myofacial release (or deep tissue massage), postural exercises, core stability, pilates, and balance training. Before I discovered the foam roller - I could harldy run - My I.T. band would be so tight, that it would pull on my knee -which resulted in the feeling of someone taking a bat to my knee when I'd run. When I roll, it totally breaks up the tight muscles so I am pain free. :) It's awesome.
I will email you or something to get you Amber's contact info! :)
ok. that sounded like an infomercial..."before I discovered...." :)
I'm glad you liked the website. I am in the primary and use it pretty much every week.
Cute kids!!
Jill
I didn't know what that foam thing was either... I thought maybe the dog chased it while you ran :) Your Sat sounds a lot more fun than mine filled w/cleaning!
okay I had no clue what the foam was for, until I just read your comment. More info..I run but it hurts my knees like crazy. but then I love to run, so help!
Sara, I miss Rachel rein soooo much and I have thought of her often I can't wait to reconnect! to answer a couple of your questions, cornice boards turned out great, Theresa Ashcroft made my curtains (she just added fabric to store-bought panels)and James Carrington is who sings the song on my blog..... I would love to go swimming tomorrow but I am going out of town....next week?
Huh. The foam roller looks interesting. I'd never heard of that before. Anything that provides a solution to pain has to be GOOD, right?
foam roller rocks! :) i remember using that a few times with kim. GREAT GREAT! :) but i do have to say...you are it's biggest fan! :)
Are you just taking your hip hop class for fun? When do you find the time? It's almost midnight and I just got done cleaning the bathrooms and before that I vacuumed the up stairs. I'm just trying to get stuff done while the kids are asleep. Who watches your kids while you dance, run, etc? -Melissa
yes - the hip hop class is just for fun -you really have to MAKE time for yourself. It's been a great outlet. It is at the athletic club, and my kids go to the kids club there. -So it's ideal. (I do the majority of my running at the club too because the kid/babysitting issue) When I go for runs outside Jess watches the kids -if I'm really commited I'll wake up early to get a run in before he leaves for work.
sara..i love it that yu're in hip hop class! sounds so fun!
I just want to say...that guy rolling is so hot. I love his shorts.
FOAM ROLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the best.
Post a Comment