Sunday, July 22

I find myself going through pics, watching videos, (just this one) http://web.mac.com/maierfam/iWeb/Site/Baja%20Video.html, and being sentimental. Hellewwww - he's only been gone 4 days. I got to talk to him tonight and that was a treat. I really like his voice.
I am holding up surprisingly well, managing the three littles all by my lonesome. Afterall, I DID make it through church today. phew. Now I can conquer the world! Part of me is excited for the week to come - I am feeling very ambitious, right now anyway. I have my sights set on finishing the curtains for the boys room, getting pictures developed and hung up, hanging picture shelves in our bedroom, getting gifts sent out (I may have to get a babysitter to do that one, unless I am feeling fearless and the boys' tummies are all FULL - especially Brock, he's like his mama), keeping my house clean, and watching whatever comes next from Netflix. (I couldn't have timed signing up more perfectly)
Oh, how I hope I stay strong and focused, and can laugh at the frustrating moments, and be amazingly patient and loving, and given strength by the Almighty when I want to throw in the towel and give myself a pity party. But I remind myself that, afterall, my reality is my perception, and the challenges of 'holding down the fort' while my man is away will only feel like challenges if I let them. "It's amazing what a woman can do, when she has to"...a line from the song I started writing the day he left - I think it's going to be a relateable one for may o' women. Anywho. I'm a pretty strong gal, it'll be a good week.